Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I just used the convection option on my mom's kitchen oven. The display says to enter the
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #27771 at 3:19 pm on Jul 5, 2015
"standard oven temperature" called for in the recipe and then enter the "standard recipe time" for the recipe...then the oven calibrates it for its convection.
Used it to make Smitten Kitchens corn version of Laurie Colwin's Tomato Pie. Worked like a charm.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 27771. Bake/Convection setting on oven - oli - 11:32pm on 07/04/15 (7)
- my oven - cyalexa2 - 2:32am on 07/05/15
- You usually bake on convection at a lower temp setting than the recipe calls for. [NT] - Charley - 10:52am on 07/05/15
- Get that manual out and check it.....all appliances are different. I have top of the line - KarenNoCA - 1:51pm on 07/05/15
- I just used the convection option on my mom's kitchen oven. The display says to enter the - MarilynFL - 3:19pm on 07/05/15
- Thanks guys, makes sense for the oven to compensate. [NT] - oli - 9:26pm on 07/05/15
- from 400 to 325 is quite a difference. We were told to test and calibrate our new oven. it could be - AngAk1 - 6:01pm on 07/06/15
- The convection setting makes the oven more efficient, not hotter. - Joe - 4:12am on 07/07/15