Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Barb, I thought you were asking the question more in general than the specific recipe. I don't
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #27934 at 6:21 pm on Aug 22, 2015
use thighs because I have a silly dislike of dark meat. It's not the taste, but my experiences as a child. Thigh meat was darker and gamier than it is now, and I had to prep (meaning sometimes removing feathers and eviscerating) and cut up fresh chickens almost every day for a couple of months in the summer. Freshly killed chickens had a particular smell I can still remember and the dark meat was slimy to me, I still dislike working with raw chicken although I love breast meat. I do prepare whole chickens, and use whole cut up chickens once in a while as my husband likes the thigh and leg meat. But most of the time I use breasts and always breast meat for stir-fries, pasta dishes and so forth, so I never cut up thighs.
Other messages in this thread:
- 27934. Silly question. When you are cutting raw boneless chicken thighs into strips - barb_b - 5:25pm on 08/21/15 (6)
- Interesting question :-)...I slice breasts against the grain, meaning crosswise. Never use thighs. [NT] - Curious1 - 6:03pm on 08/21/15
- C1; you do not use thighs for personal preference, or other reason. My friend that made the rec - barb_b - 2:05pm on 08/22/15
- Barb, I thought you were asking the question more in general than the specific recipe. I don't - Curious1 - 6:21pm on 08/22/15
- Most of the chicken tandoori I have had , the meet is whole. . . - mistral - 6:07pm on 08/21/15