Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Are the knives sharp enough to cut paper right after you have them sharpened. My...
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Posted to Thread #28000 at 10:09 pm on Sep 15, 2015
trusty Henckels chef knife does serve me well, but a have a few wusthof knives that I love as well. I do baby all of my knives. I cut only on wood, keep them safe and out of drawers, never put them in a dishwasher, and steel them often.
I would guess that you do the same. I have a couple of ceramic knives as well and I find them sharp but not well suited to my hand.
Most of knives given to us at the CIA were Sabatier, and they were great knives. I still have a couple. But thru the yrs the company has licensed quite a few different sources. There is a way to insure that you are getting the original, but I forget how to identify them.
Other messages in this thread:
- 28000. For you chefs, caterers and serious home cooks Re: knives - KarenNoCA - 6:47pm on 09/15/15 (14)
- Karen-are they high carbon stainless? If so, you have great knives. Can''t understand why.. - charlie - 7:15pm on 09/15/15
- It says Wusthof Dreizak Classic on my knives, I can run the blades over my - KarenNoCA - 7:48pm on 09/15/15
- Are the knives sharp enough to cut paper right after you have them sharpened. My... - charlie - 10:09pm on 09/15/15
- Yes, I baby my knives. They are kept in a drawer, in wooden, slotted storage unit - KarenNoCA - 11:38pm on 09/15/15
- My favorite is a 25-year old Sabatier chef's knife. The weight is perfect, more so than - MarilynFL - 7:17pm on 09/15/15
- Sabatier, like all the others makes several grades, but a tiny paring knife my sister gave me - Charley - 8:55pm on 09/15/15
- does anyone else have Rada knives? I received a set of 3: paring/peeler/slicing as a gift and [LINK] - AngAk1 - 10:04pm on 09/15/15
- I 've heard good things about Rada knives. My other favorite chef's knife is aJapanese Shun Classic [NT] - charlie - 10:16pm on 09/15/15
- Shun has good reviews. I called our local, well stocked kitchen shop and they - KarenNoCA - 11:13pm on 09/15/15
- I LOVE my Shun but it rusts with the slightest moisture. [NT] - Traca - 6:47am on 09/16/15
- true--I always clean and dry it after use. [NT] - charlie - 11:49am on 09/16/15
- I'd ask the guy who sharpens your knives. [NT] - Traca - 6:46am on 09/16/15
- For those that enjoy the show "2 1/2 men"... I need a guy! (I am not a knife person, I have had - barb_b - 5:19pm on 09/16/15
- I had the same experience with my older Henckels knives not holding an edge. - Curious1 - 10:13pm on 09/16/15