Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
ISO ideas for a foodies 60th b-day party. We are more like work friends and
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #28005 at 8:07 pm on Sep 16, 2015
are honored to be included in the family party, but not sure what to purchase. We do not really know him outside of work. In other words, I do not know of other interests.... (Although I do know that he and his wife like to hike and enjoy the outdoors, they kayak, ski, canoe, etc). Any thoughts? I really am at a loss to what to purchase. Any new and exciting food products that would be fun to try? He is CIA trained, used to own a restaurant, so I am guessing he is set on his normal cooking stuff. They often spend time pickling on the weekends...
Would appreciate any ideas. Does not have to be food related.... Just want to do something different from a bottle of wine, chocolate, gift certificate, etc....
TIA for your thoughts / ideas.
Other messages in this thread:
- 28005. ISO ideas for a foodies 60th b-day party. We are more like work friends and - barb_b - 8:07pm on 09/16/15 (8)
- Since they seem *outdoors-y* make a pan of Barbara in VA's Whitewater Granola Bars . [LINK] - MarilynFL - 1:13pm on 09/17/15
- Here's how I made them: [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 1:18pm on 09/17/15
- great idea! also include the recipe. [NT] - AngAk1 - 5:14pm on 09/17/15
- Love that idea! My daughter is a nature-freak and would love those. [NT] - cheezz - 9:58pm on 09/17/15
- And a good (natural, of course) coconut water to go with them :) [NT] - cheezz - 9:59pm on 09/17/15
- How about a mushroom knife!! Here is a nice Opinel one. And actually I love to - Charley - 2:17pm on 09/17/15
- do they go to outdoor concerts? I saw these wine "picks" on amazon and thought they were clever [LINK] - AngAk1 - 5:19pm on 09/17/15
- This book on Japanese pickles was just released. Up the ante on that pickling hobby? [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 11:45pm on 09/23/15