Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Yes - this is the recipe. two things:
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #28125 at 4:42 pm on Nov 1, 2015
I almost always have buttermilk in my fridge and not sour cream so I use buttermilk where the recipe calls for sour cream.
Also - when I make this as a bundt or layer cake I made a chocolate ganache layer (if bundt I cut into two layers and fill with the chocolate ganache. Although i'm sure you could also fill it with the ganache and back.
Other messages in this thread:
- 28125. ISO: T&T Chocolate Banana Cake - cheezz - 5:07pm on 10/30/15 (19)
- Not a bundt cake. But I think it is my most requested cake... - deb-in-MI - 5:44pm on 10/30/15
- Yes please!!!! [NT] - cheezz - 7:37pm on 10/30/15
- Is it also chocolate? [NT] - Charley - 7:42pm on 10/30/15
- Ah no...I found the recipe and it doesn't have chocolate... [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 9:19pm on 10/30/15
- OOps- my bad. I forgot to say I add an entire bag of mini chocolate chips! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 4:40pm on 11/01/15
- Yes - this is the recipe. two things: - deb-in-MI - 4:42pm on 11/01/15
- Sour cream is a lot more solid than buttermilk...does that cause any other changes? [NT] - cheezz - 11:31pm on 11/01/15
- Pat in Tokyo?? [NT] - cheezz - 7:53pm on 10/30/15
- Same Pat, she used to be Pat from Thousand Oaks, remember? Lived around the globe. [NT] - KarenNoCA - 11:16pm on 10/30/15
- cheezz, Have a look at Canadian Living Test Kitchen Chocolate Banana Cake on page 2 [LINK] - GayR - 11:42pm on 10/30/15
- That sounds perfect Gay! Thank you!! [NT] - cheezz - 6:48pm on 10/31/15
- Very welcome cheese....hope it turns out well if you use the recipe...... [NT] - GayR - 11:01pm on 10/31/15
- Recipe seems a bit odd. It looks chocolate in the picture but it calls for just chopped - AngAk1 - 5:35pm on 11/01/15
- You're right Angie...I was wondering why it didn't look more chocolatey [NT] - cheezz - 11:33pm on 11/01/15
- REC: Chocolate Banana Cake from Food.com - this is what I used! - cheezz - 2:33am on 11/09/15