Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Chocolate Banana Cake from Food.com - this is what I used!
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #28125 at 2:33 am on Nov 9, 2015
I must say, this cake was a real winner....fabulous texture. I'm not a banana chocolate fan and my hubby doesn't like chocolate OR bananas but managed to polish off 5 cupcakes in one afternoon...with no frosting! I give it 5 stars :)
Chocolate Banana Cake
• Prep Time: 15 mins
• Total Time: 55 mins
• Servings: 12
"This is a very moist & very fudgey cake. It tastes best the second day."
3/4 cup margarine
1 3/4 cups white sugar
1 1/4 cups mashed bananas [approx. 5 bananas]
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sour milk (I used buttermilk. Jane)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream margarine with sugar and eggs.
3. Mix in banana and vanilla.
4. Mix flour with remaining dry ingredients.
5. Add flour mixture to margarine mixture in 3 parts, alternately with sour milk.
6. Begin and end with flour.
7. Spread in 2 greased 8" cake pans.
8. Bake in oven about 40 minutes [begin checking at 35 min]
9. When cool, frost generously with frosting of your choice.
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 28125. ISO: T&T Chocolate Banana Cake - cheezz - 5:07pm on 10/30/15 (19)
- Not a bundt cake. But I think it is my most requested cake... - deb-in-MI - 5:44pm on 10/30/15
- Yes please!!!! [NT] - cheezz - 7:37pm on 10/30/15
- Is it also chocolate? [NT] - Charley - 7:42pm on 10/30/15
- Ah no...I found the recipe and it doesn't have chocolate... [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 9:19pm on 10/30/15
- OOps- my bad. I forgot to say I add an entire bag of mini chocolate chips! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 4:40pm on 11/01/15
- Yes - this is the recipe. two things: - deb-in-MI - 4:42pm on 11/01/15
- Sour cream is a lot more solid than buttermilk...does that cause any other changes? [NT] - cheezz - 11:31pm on 11/01/15
- Pat in Tokyo?? [NT] - cheezz - 7:53pm on 10/30/15
- Same Pat, she used to be Pat from Thousand Oaks, remember? Lived around the globe. [NT] - KarenNoCA - 11:16pm on 10/30/15
- cheezz, Have a look at Canadian Living Test Kitchen Chocolate Banana Cake on page 2 [LINK] - GayR - 11:42pm on 10/30/15
- That sounds perfect Gay! Thank you!! [NT] - cheezz - 6:48pm on 10/31/15
- Very welcome cheese....hope it turns out well if you use the recipe...... [NT] - GayR - 11:01pm on 10/31/15
- Recipe seems a bit odd. It looks chocolate in the picture but it calls for just chopped - AngAk1 - 5:35pm on 11/01/15
- You're right Angie...I was wondering why it didn't look more chocolatey [NT] - cheezz - 11:33pm on 11/01/15
- REC: Chocolate Banana Cake from Food.com - this is what I used! - cheezz - 2:33am on 11/09/15