Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I just saw that there were additional items on this thread. Thanks so much! I will be perusing
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #28083 at 12:35 pm on Nov 17, 2015
the sites! Much appreciated!
You will get a kick out of this.... Today, in their lunch boxes are two separate containers. One with warmed up Cathy's Laarb, one with cut up romaine, cucs, red pepper....
THEN, a small plastic lime container filled with a bit of lime juice, and a mini container of soy sauce and one w/ rice wine vinegar.
I have done this for them before, so they know the drill they add the warmed larb to the salad and then dress the salad.
I do get a chuckle out of their lunch boxes and hope it reinforces and teaches them the love of food and cooking!
Other messages in this thread:
- 28083. ISO 1.25 oz grated parmesan cheese container. (It could be used, or w. fresh cheese) [LINK] - barb_b - 1:15pm on 10/20/15 (29)
- Can you go to the drugstore and buy a plastic jar that might be used for travel? Or at - Charley - 2:15pm on 10/20/15
- I tried that, but unfortunately, my kids like the "shake", if I put it in a small container, which - barb_b - 4:09pm on 10/20/15
- ...until you find the *real* thing, maybe an old spice jar with big hole plastic inside - MarilynFL - 5:01pm on 10/20/15
- This is a great idea. If you thought the holes were not large enough - orchid - 6:34pm on 10/20/15
- The "problem" (as if this is a REAL problem), is that there is not a cover...so, the cheese will - barb_b - 7:03pm on 10/20/15
- No...keep the spice jar lid...the plastic flat cap with holes is inside. [LINK] - MarilynFL - 7:04pm on 10/20/15
- I have done a search for this online and could not find any reference to that size, plus - KarenNoCA - 5:16pm on 10/20/15
- The spice jars have a shaker thing--wholey top to sprinkle through. [NT] - Charley - 5:57pm on 10/20/15
- It looks like they carry it at Jewel-Osco if anyone has those nearby. Barb, I will - LisainLA - 2:23pm on 10/20/15
- Not at all familiar with a jewel osco or a cost plus. Thanks so much for helping me! [NT] - barb_b - 4:10pm on 10/20/15
- Cost Plus was/is the old name for World Market. nt [NT] - Charley - 5:58pm on 10/20/15
- I found that one also Lisa and I have never heard of it either. I'll talk - orchid - 4:47pm on 10/20/15
- Jewel-Osco is midwest. we have them in Indiana. Maybe Michigan too? [NT] - AngAk1 - 9:09pm on 10/20/15
- I have family in Fort Wayne, Indiana. And another friend in Kokomo, IN. If you find a - Traca - 6:39am on 10/22/15
- I don't have any suggestions, however I want to give you praise for making your kids lunches - KarenNoCA - 4:01pm on 10/20/15
- ((Thanks Karen!)) I feel fortunate that my schedule has changed that I can do it. [NT] - barb_b - 4:12pm on 10/20/15
- Just got back from GFS (Gordon's Food Service) and Costco...nothing! Sorry. [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 8:59pm on 10/20/15
- Maybe call Kraft and profess your undying love for this little shaker? (I'm serious!) - ErininNY - 4:32pm on 10/21/15
- Buy 2 $1 herbs (basil) at WalMart and empty them. Fill with real Parm. ;o) nt [NT] - Charley - 5:42pm on 10/21/15
- I sent them an email last night... If I do not hear back, I will give them a call [NT] - barb_b - 6:44pm on 10/21/15
- I appreciate the help / suggestions! Thank you! [NT] - barb_b - 6:46pm on 10/21/15
- Spoke with Kraft. Officially discontinued; as well as their 2 oz size. She did get a chuckle - barb_b - 8:41pm on 10/21/15
- honey, you're just on the wrong continent. Japanese would revere you. [NT] - MarilynFL - 10:00pm on 10/21/15
- for sure! I was thinking that bento box supplies might have something fun and suitable [NT] - AngAk1 - 10:13pm on 10/21/15
- Not a shaker, but how cute are these Bento box sauce containers? So fun! [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 7:01am on 10/22/15
- What about this? Bento shaker with an opening that closes. [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 7:04am on 10/22/15
- how cute is this! Florisandy needs to have one [NT] - AngAk1 - 4:50pm on 10/23/15
- And...will there be coupons? ;) [NT] - ErininNY - 5:56pm on 10/22/15
- I just saw that there were additional items on this thread. Thanks so much! I will be perusing - barb_b - 12:35pm on 11/17/15