Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Sorry, Hit the key again - Abc County Restaurant, Vancouver, British Columbia
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #3194 at 12:46 am on Aug 22, 2006
Fresh Blueberry Pie
Prep about 15 minutes Plus chilling
Cook 15 minutes - Makes 10 servings
1-1/4 cups whole milk
2 egg yolks, beaten
1/4 cup plus 2/3 cup sugar
5 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons butter
4 cups blueberries
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 Deep-Dish pie shell (9-inch), baked and cooled
In 2 quart saucepan, mix milk, yolks, 1/4 cup sugar, and 2 tablespoons cornstarch. Cook over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens, stirring. Stir in vanilla and 1 tablespoon butter. Transfer custard to shallow dish; cover surface with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours.
Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan, stir 1 cup berries with 2/3 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons cornstarch and 1 cup water. Heat to boiling over high heat. Cook 2 minutes to thicken, stirring. Stir in lemon juice and 1 tablespoon butter. Cool. Stir in remaining berries.
Spread custard in pie shell; top with berry mixture. Refrigerate at least 3 hours to set.
Recipe from Good Housekeeping - July 2003
It was a requested recipe from the Abc Country Restaurant, in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Other messages in this thread:
- 3194. Found a Lost Recipe - Will post so it won't be lost again - Fresh Blueberry Pie from Abc County .. [NT] - GayR - 12:36am on 08/22/06 (6)
- Gay, I think it's still lost. ;o) [NT] - Mimi - 12:40am on 08/22/06
- No Mimi, I hit the darn key again - recipe below. "Abc Country Restaurant" not County [NT] - GayR - 12:47am on 08/22/06
- It's ok...next time that happens... - Mimi - 12:57am on 08/22/06
- Mimi, Will it allow me to edit the Subject Line? That is the problem. [NT] - GayR - 1:04am on 08/22/06
- No, I'm afraid not. - Mimi - 1:28am on 08/22/06
- Sorry, Hit the key again - Abc County Restaurant, Vancouver, British Columbia - GayR - 12:46am on 08/22/06