Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
No....Olga's notes specifically say the nuts need to be ground fluffy and
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #28285 at 1:19 am on Dec 15, 2015
that the food processor doesn't get them to that state.
I noticed last year when I was attempting nut rolls that my filling wasn't exactly like my mom's texture wise. She used a hand-rotary grinder and I used my Cuisinart food processor.
That's why I wanted an opinion since this cake sounds delicious, but delicate.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 28285. Question for Olga_D_Ont: Can I use my KA sausage grinder for the nuts [LINK] - MarilynFL - 3:55pm on 12/14/15 (15)
- Marilyn, do you recommend the KA sausage grinder? - Lana in FL - 4:27pm on 12/14/15
- I have had a KA grinder since before they changed to the stainless blades they have now. - Charley - 4:41pm on 12/14/15
- Have had the grinder for many years and certainly recommend it. Have make hundreds of lbs of sausage - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:00pm on 12/14/15
- And Marilyn, I'm not Olga but I think I can answer - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:03pm on 12/14/15
- Thanks, C! [NT] - MarilynFL - 4:35pm on 12/15/15
- Thanks! I think I'll order one. [NT] - Lana in FL - 1:15am on 12/15/15
- Lana, I've only used it about 5 times in 10 years, but was happy with it. [LINK] - MarilynFL - 1:17am on 12/15/15
- I probably wouldn't use it much more than that, but I might just go for it. Thanks. [NT] - Lana in FL - 1:22am on 12/17/15
- Do you have a Zyllis rotary cheese grater? You could give it a test and see if it would work. It - Curious1 - 11:57pm on 12/14/15
- I think it can be done in a food processor. [NT] - Charley - 1:13am on 12/15/15
- No....Olga's notes specifically say the nuts need to be ground fluffy and - MarilynFL - 1:19am on 12/15/15
- I know it says that but I'm not convinced that it wouldn't work. I don't think the KA - Charley - 12:02pm on 12/15/15
- No...don't have one of those. They always remind me of the movie Amelie. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:22am on 12/15/15