Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|CathyZ from Kauai||
Yes- tradition is Julia's French Onion Soup for Christmas Eve. Then, the next day.....
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #28312 at 7:58 pm on Dec 21, 2015
This is the big tradition with me and my DH. I take the time to make it right and it is always our favorite meal of the year.
For Christmas Day we will have 8 at the table including Pat NoCal & her DH so I am staying traditional. Julia will again be visiting the kitchen. Starters: Layered Pesto & Cheese Torte/crackers, Smoked Salmon Christmas Trees (rye bread, butter, smoked salmon cut out as little trees and decorated with onion slivers and capers). Boeuf Bourguignon, Buttered noodles with Poppyseed, steamed baby green beans, Pat's Cranberry Pecan Salad. For dessert: Double Lemon Cream Pie, Flourless Chocolate Cake.
Other messages in this thread:
- 28312. How about some Christmas menus---do you cook for the eve? [NT] - charlie - 7:06pm on 12/21/15 (23)
- Yes- tradition is Julia's French Onion Soup for Christmas Eve. Then, the next day..... - CathyZ from Kauai - 7:58pm on 12/21/15
- Such a lovely menu. And I love those Christmas trees. [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 3:01am on 12/26/15
- We are always changing things... - Richard in Cincy - 3:02am on 12/26/15
- probably finger foods and soup on the Eve. going to friend's on xmas day but - AngAk1 - 8:41pm on 12/21/15
- Just finalized mine--Salt cod salad; mini crab cakes; seafood salad of... - charlie - 11:22pm on 12/21/15
- Oh my, we'll bring some extra wine OK? Yum! [NT] - orchid - 11:42pm on 12/21/15
- sure--but I'm on a diet [NT] - charlie - 11:54pm on 12/21/15
- We always have spaghetti and meatballs now. Growing up we had finger foods and snack, I - LisainLA - 3:54pm on 12/22/15
- Christmas Eve we will have Louisiana Shrimp, Crab, and Corn Bisque - GeorgiaRose - 6:57pm on 12/22/15
- Homemade tamales- barbacoa and corn/cheese, various sauces, guac, Passionfruit tart [NT] - cheezz - 9:11pm on 12/22/15
- Still not happy with my masa...too dense, but the passionfruit tart was TDF!!! Posted below [NT] - cheezz - 7:24am on 12/28/15
- This is the best masa I've ever had. The woman who writes this blog used to own a catering [LINK] - Traca - 7:35am on 12/28/15
- I'll be doing sea bass with soy glaze, rice and braised baby bok choy then on Christmas Day - Michael in Sarasota - 2:39am on 12/23/15
- I'll also be slow roasting the prime rib, but following the ATK process in which.. - charlie - 3:49am on 12/23/15
- we also use this method. it's perfect every time! [NT] - AngAk1 - 7:02pm on 12/23/15
- Thanks to you, Charlie, I am making 4 Chicken Ballotines for Christmas dinner for 22.. [LINK] - Joe - 2:51am on 12/23/15
- On Christmas Eve there will be only four of us. I want to try this mussel dish with chorizo [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 2:51am on 12/23/15
- And then, this old standby: Hazelnut-crusted chicken breasts. Julia's Queen of Sheba for dessert. [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 2:54am on 12/23/15
- Please don't tell Jacques we are having chicken two dinners in a row. I am hoping he doesn't notice. [NT] - Joe - 2:55am on 12/23/15
- LOL! [NT] - AngAk1 - 7:04pm on 12/23/15
- You must be getting very proficient at the boning technique Joe--congrats [NT] - charlie - 3:51am on 12/23/15
- No, I haven't done it since that one successful time. But I should be proficient by the time - Joe - 5:44am on 12/23/15
- :-D (((Joe))) [NT] - LisainLA - 3:48pm on 12/23/15