Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Has anyone made Food&Wine's Babka recipe? I can't visualize this step:
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #28397 at 11:49 am on Jan 20, 2016
"Using a sharp knife, cut the logs in half crosswise. Using an offset spatula, spread 1/4 cup of the reserved filling on the top and sides of 2 of the halves. Set the other halves on top in the opposite direction to form a cross. Twist to form spirals and transfer to the prepared pans. Cover the loaves with a towel and let stand in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 2 hours. "
Other recipes I've read just have you roll the dough tight, make a horseshoe, then twist a few times.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 28397. Has anyone made Food&Wine's Babka recipe? I can't visualize this step: [LINK] - MarilynFL - 11:49am on 01/20/16 (8)
- I think I know what they are getting at... - judy-mass - 12:59pm on 01/20/16
- oh...okay. I just took a plastic garbage liner, twisted it into a roll, cut it crosswise - MarilynFL - 3:00pm on 01/20/16
- Mar, it sounds like the method for the cranberry almond wreaths [LINK] - AngAk1 - 10:00pm on 01/20/16
- Yep, you're right. I was reading too much into the instruction steps. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:44am on 01/21/16
- Twisting method [LINK] - Julia - 1:35am on 01/21/16
- sorry this is the correct slideshow [NT] [LINK] - Julia - 1:37am on 01/21/16
- Thanks, Julia! Now I see my confusion: the recipe is talking about TWO - MarilynFL - 11:43am on 01/21/16
- and this is not how the cranberry wreath was made. but that would work too. [NT] - AngAk1 - 7:05pm on 01/21/16