Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Uh Oh - put 3 Tbsp of Baking Powder instead of Cornstarch in my Apple Slab Pie - your thoughts
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #28398 at 4:57 pm on Jan 20, 2016
First off I should have known better to attempt something this ambitious - I'm on my 5th day of some viral respiratory flu thingee. I haven't cooked since last week.
You would have thought the foaming apple mixture would have been my first clue ...but it didn't even register. It wasn't until I tasted it that I realized something was different. Not bad exactly. In fact it tasted extra lemony (there was lemon juice in it) with a bit of a funny taste.
It is in the oven - do you think it will be edible?
Other messages in this thread:
- 28398. Uh Oh - put 3 Tbsp of Baking Powder instead of Cornstarch in my Apple Slab Pie - your thoughts - deb-in-MI - 4:57pm on 01/20/16 (5)
- I am not a baker, but having been there before, I am guessing that it will taste great!, but be more - barb_b - 6:34pm on 01/20/16
- Nothing to "hurt" about it--just won't be thickened and it may taste a little salty. Should be quite - Charley - 11:59pm on 01/20/16
- Thank you! It is quite good:) Granted I topped it with turbino sugar and a drizzle of glaze - deb-in-MI - 10:01am on 01/21/16
- Deb, have to thank you again for the *pre-bake the apples* recipe. I bought a bunch of [LINK] - MarilynFL - 11:34am on 01/21/16
- YAY! So glad it worked for you:) Thanks for letting me know! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 2:28pm on 01/21/16