Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
The history of my state is mired in water scandals, from the "Chinatown" (Mulholland) story
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #28404 at 9:58 pm on Jan 25, 2016
all the way back to Spanish land grants. I hadn't heard this particular scandal yet. Thanks for sharing! It's outrageous that a few greedy rich folks could have gotten their hands on a public reservoir.
I've always proudly chosen California almonds and pistachios. I even drove that road last spring and went gaga over the trees in flower. Now I don't know what to do...
Other messages in this thread:
- 28404. Politics of water and pistachios in California. Yowza! Scandalous, no? [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 8:45am on 01/23/16 (5)
- I just read an article about the Resnicks' buying (more) - daricem - 7:34pm on 01/23/16
- How interesting. They're on a modern day land grab. [NT] - Traca - 3:46am on 01/24/16
- If this is Chinatown all over again, where is Jack Nicholson? She's my sister. She's my daughter. [NT] - MarilynFL - 4:43pm on 01/24/16
- The history of my state is mired in water scandals, from the "Chinatown" (Mulholland) story - Joe - 9:58pm on 01/25/16
- The Iranian nuclear deal in the news includes lifting the ban on pistachios, caviar and carpets. [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 8:50am on 01/26/16