Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Pasta with Shrimp, Artichokes and Feta (Quick and delicious.)
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #28425 at 12:18 pm on Jan 29, 2016
Pasta with Shrimp, Artichokes and Feta
Ingredients: (serves 2)
1. 8 ounces spaghetti or angel hair pasta (or any other kind of pasta you want)
2. 4-6 tablespoons olive oil
3. 5 garlic cloves, minced
4. 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest + some more to garnish.
5. 1 tablespoon lemon juice, divided.
6. 1 large tomato, diced or 1/4 cup sun dried tomato in oil, with a few teaspoons of the oil.
7. 1/4 cup marinated, crumbled Feta cheese, (or however much you want).
8. 15-20 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
9. 5 artichoke hearts, in oil (more or less as per your needs)
10. red crushed pepper
11. salt and pepper
12. fresh parsley, chopped
Sprinkle salt, pepper and 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice on the shrimp and set them aside for about 15 minutes.
Cook pasta in large pot of salted boiling water with one teaspoon of oil, until tender but still firm to bite- al dente. Drain. Save some of the cooking liquid. Transfer pasta to bowl and set aside.
Add olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic and some crushed pepper and let the oil heat up. Saute the garlic and pepper until the garlic softens, but do not brown them – for about a minute.
Add the marinated shrimp and saute for a couple of minutes. Add tomatoes and cook for a few minutes till they release the juice and soften. Add the artichoke hearts, rest of the lemon juice, and lemon zest. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Cook until shrimp is just cooked through and turns opaque.
Add the pasta to the pan. Toss cooked shrimp, artichoke, tomato mix with the pasta. Let the mix coat the pasta well and then switch off the heat.( If the dish feels too dry, add some of the reserved cooking liquid from boiling the pasta.) Add the marinated crumbled feta to the warm pasta and toss. Garnish with fresh parsley. Drizzle more olive oil, crushed pepper and zest if you wish.
Other messages in this thread:
- 28425. Pasta with Shrimp, Artichokes and Feta (Quick and delicious.) - Sylvia - 12:18pm on 01/29/16 (5)
- I just got a spiralizer and may try this with zucchini spaghetti [NT] - cyalexa2 - 5:03pm on 01/29/16
- Thanks so much for this recipe. A new take on one of my favorite pasta dishes. [NT] - Curious1 - 5:11pm on 01/29/16
- geez, that sounds good. Thanks, S. You've been nailing it lately. [NT] - MarilynFL - 4:32pm on 01/30/16
- Lately, I've been looking for quick, easy recipes using ingredients I have on hand. This one - Sylvia - 11:26am on 02/01/16
- I've got a mutant-size jar of quartered artichokes and might just cut out the hearts for this. The - MarilynFL - 5:04pm on 02/01/16