Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Kale question: Sometimes I feel like a newbie all over again in the kitchen
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #28434 at 7:04 pm on Feb 1, 2016
With the popularity of kale, I gave grown it, cooked it, tossed it, and cooked again. I realized I just did not like kale except in soups, can't bring myself to eat it raw...yet. Slowly, I am liking it better.
Last week I found a beautiful bunch of Chou Frisť Vert or also known as green kale. I took out the tough stem, cut it into bite size pieces and sauteed in a little evoo, salt and pepper, then added a touch of apple cider vinegar, chicken stock and cooked until tender to my liking. It goes from a beautiful bright green to sort of a gray green.
Is there a method to keeping it that bright green, or do I need to learn to eat it a bit on the crispy side?
~*Many things will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those*~
Other messages in this thread:
- 28434. Kale question: Sometimes I feel like a newbie all over again in the kitchen - KarenNoCA - 7:04pm on 02/01/16 (13)
- Just in case you'd like to try a salad.... go naughty! [LINK] - SallyBR - 7:33pm on 02/01/16
- Massage my kale, eh? Ok Sally, I am going to give it a try, you naughty girl! [NT] - KarenNoCA - 12:18am on 02/02/16
- Naughty is my middle name... ;-) [NT] - SallyBR - 12:53am on 02/02/16
- The taste & texture change completely. I use fresh lemon juice, oo & a drizzle of honey + massage. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:14am on 02/02/16
- Please do try it in a massaged salad some time. It is tender and delicious. I think - Charley - 9:23pm on 02/01/16
- I'm with you--don't like it much except in salads and soups. But I think if you saute it, - Joe - 9:30pm on 02/01/16
- Here is a delicious kale salad that does not involve massage--it steeps a while instead. [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 12:47am on 02/02/16
- Are you a fan of smoothies, Karen? This Kale and Pear Green Smoothie in the Vitamix is one of - Pat-NoCal - 3:17am on 02/02/16
- That sounds very good Pat, thanks. i have had smoothies with kale and liked them > - KarenNoCA - 7:28pm on 02/02/16
- Something happened along the cooking, eating cycle with my kale last night - KarenNoCA - 7:32pm on 02/02/16