Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Are you a fan of smoothies, Karen? This Kale and Pear Green Smoothie in the Vitamix is one of
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #28434 at 3:17 am on Feb 2, 2016
my all time favorites. It's especially nice at warmer times of the year, due to the icy-cold-goodness but we've been having it the past few weeks too, even though it's still technically still 'winter' here in Northern California. I believe I read that you may have a Vitamix? if so, I recommend giving it a go. You won't taste the kale....or I should say that I surely don't (though I really like kale and don't have a problem with it in any form or preparation). To me this smoothie just tastes clean and light and refreshing and full of goodness.
Kale and Pear Green Smoothie
1 cup green grapes
1 orange, peeled
1/2 Bartlett pear, seeded (Pat's note: I use a whole pear)
1 fresh banana, peeled
1 cup kale
1/2 cup water
2 cups ice cubes
Recipe is for the Vitamix 5200 blender with standard 64 oz container. If you use a different Vitamix, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable speed, processing time or the quantity of ingredients.
Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid. Select Variable 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
Patís note: Delicious and refreshing. Sometimes I also add chia seeds or ground flaxseed or lately Iíve been adding a scoop of protein powder.
Other messages in this thread:
- 28434. Kale question: Sometimes I feel like a newbie all over again in the kitchen - KarenNoCA - 7:04pm on 02/01/16 (13)
- Just in case you'd like to try a salad.... go naughty! [LINK] - SallyBR - 7:33pm on 02/01/16
- Massage my kale, eh? Ok Sally, I am going to give it a try, you naughty girl! [NT] - KarenNoCA - 12:18am on 02/02/16
- Naughty is my middle name... ;-) [NT] - SallyBR - 12:53am on 02/02/16
- The taste & texture change completely. I use fresh lemon juice, oo & a drizzle of honey + massage. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:14am on 02/02/16
- Please do try it in a massaged salad some time. It is tender and delicious. I think - Charley - 9:23pm on 02/01/16
- I'm with you--don't like it much except in salads and soups. But I think if you saute it, - Joe - 9:30pm on 02/01/16
- Here is a delicious kale salad that does not involve massage--it steeps a while instead. [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 12:47am on 02/02/16
- Are you a fan of smoothies, Karen? This Kale and Pear Green Smoothie in the Vitamix is one of - Pat-NoCal - 3:17am on 02/02/16
- That sounds very good Pat, thanks. i have had smoothies with kale and liked them > - KarenNoCA - 7:28pm on 02/02/16
- Something happened along the cooking, eating cycle with my kale last night - KarenNoCA - 7:32pm on 02/02/16