Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I think you need to relay that to your SIL!! Maybe she doesn't want to "burden" you??
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #28460 at 5:29 am on Feb 7, 2016
You never know what someone is thinking. TELL her you would really like to do .... whatever .... and why. She might just be hoping you'd volunteer.
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 28460. Can I just post a small food rant, because I know you will understand? - MariaDNoCA - 4:52am on 02/07/16 (25)
- I think you need to relay that to your SIL!! Maybe she doesn't want to "burden" you?? - cheezz - 5:29am on 02/07/16
- I did... - MariaDNoCA - 6:31am on 02/07/16
- Sounds like it's her party and she wants a chance at making the beautiful things you do. - Traca - 4:19pm on 02/07/16
- Yeah, I'm over it but I knew you all would understand - MariaDNoCA - 7:55pm on 02/07/16
- Deep breath in.....and hold.....okay, let it out. Sounds like Mom wants to contribute - MarilynFL - 8:54pm on 02/07/16
- It's not so much the star shining as edible food. This is out of town and normally I'm hungry! :) [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 10:29pm on 02/07/16
- People who grew up with that stuff don't know any different. [NT] - Traca - 10:12pm on 02/07/16
- Yes, we understand. I run into it now and then AND people who truly don't taste the difference - cheezz - 2:52am on 02/08/16
- Amen to that! [NT] - KarenNoCA - 6:01pm on 02/08/16
- Might your SIL be a tad envious of you and your skills, and not want you to show her up? There is - KarenNoCA - 3:57pm on 02/07/16
- "It's my party and I'll bake if I wanna".. I think she doesn't want to be outshone at her party. ... - elaine - 4:09am on 02/08/16
- thanks, elaine. Now I'll be singing that song all day while looking for Dippity Do hair gel [NT] - MarilynFL - 5:17pm on 02/08/16
- OMG, me too and Dippity Do!!! What a blast from the past!!! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 8:17pm on 02/08/16
- I completely, totally, understand your frustration. All I can tell you is make those anise cookies - Joe - 5:26am on 02/08/16
- I know it's frustrating when you can do it so well, but I will say I've eaten some pretty good cakes - Curious1 - 7:48pm on 02/08/16
- Trust me, she doesn't doctor them. I've tasted what she makes and when - MariaDNoCA - 8:23pm on 02/08/16
- Ah, I've not tasted one for at least 20 years. [NT] - Curious1 - 3:32am on 02/09/16
- Btw, I looked up ombre cake with roses. Please let us know if she tries to pull that off. [NT] - Curious1 - 7:54pm on 02/08/16
- That's her plan. She sent me a photo of what she plans. It's the same as what you saw. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 8:50pm on 02/09/16
- To her credit, bravo for taking on a challenge in a high pressure situation! We all started somewher - Traca - 10:30pm on 02/09/16
- well spoken. I've had to learn not to automatically bring a dessert. Hosts have visions - MarilynFL - 4:37pm on 02/11/16
- True - MariaDNoCA - 9:00pm on 02/12/16
- Here's what I would do... But keep in mind, I am not at all a baker. I would respond - barb_b - 1:57pm on 02/09/16
- Nah, I'll do what she asked. Also, she ordered sugar cookies. I'm guessing from the grocery store. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 8:46pm on 02/09/16
- Ugh! Sorry! I know how important your niece is to you. Maybe after lil Barb_b is born, you can - barb_b - 8:57pm on 02/09/16