Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
That's what my recipe says to do, but it came out loose, perhaps it was the long trip.
Joined: Apr 13, 2006
Posted to Thread #28650 at 9:25 pm on Apr 23, 2016
. Cook stirring constantly until mixture reaches 160°, 5-10 minutes.
Transfer mixture to mixer bowl (if needed) and beat on medium speed until soft peaks form, about 5 minutes.
Increase speed to medium-high and continue to beat until mixture has cooled to room temperature and stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes longer.
My recipe is from ATK and their recipes always work for me, so I was curious as to why my icing was a little on the loose side?
Other messages in this thread:
- 28650. Making fluffy white icing - oli - 4:54pm on 04/23/16 (13)
- Two things --you have to bring the egg mixture to 160 degrees and you have to ... - charlie - 7:59pm on 04/23/16
- Is this a divinity frosting? Where you heat the sugar to 240* and beat in the egg whites? - Charley - 8:30pm on 04/23/16
- That's what my recipe says to do, but it came out loose, perhaps it was the long trip. - oli - 9:25pm on 04/23/16
- I've had good luck with this- REC: White Mountain Frosting - judy-mass - 10:14pm on 04/23/16
- I think this is a delicate icing--needs to be used within hours. Not refrigerated or - Charley - 12:39am on 04/24/16
- Did you beat it to stiff peaks? Was your cake warm?Are you sure of the 160* temp? - Charley - 11:23am on 04/24/16
- No problem Charley, I think it was the long trip that made it loose. At home it was just fine. - oli - 1:42pm on 04/26/16
- Maybe overcooking. I use the touch method to the center of the cake--and if it has - Charley - 4:42pm on 04/26/16
- Another great marshmallow icing made with marshmallows - rhoward2va - 11:11pm on 04/23/16
- I use this very icing on REC: Lemon Layer Cake from CI..... - charlie - 12:13am on 04/24/16
- Thats the recipe I am using [NT] - oli - 12:52am on 04/24/16
- You could try this REC: 7 minute icing... - charlie - 5:50pm on 04/24/16
- My results with the cake part - oli - 3:48pm on 04/25/16