Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Another great marshmallow icing made with marshmallows
Joined: Mar 8, 2006
Posted to Thread #28650 at 11:11 pm on Apr 23, 2016
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup water
2 egg whites
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
Bring to boil water and sugar. Add 8 marshmallows and stir until dissolved.
Remove from heat and beat in 2 egg whites and cream of tartar. Beat for about 5 min. until icing sets up.
Frost cake with icing and sprinkle with fresh coconut or drizzle with mixture of 1 oz. unsweetened chocolate and 1 tbls. butter melted.
Other messages in this thread:
- 28650. Making fluffy white icing - oli - 4:54pm on 04/23/16 (13)
- Two things --you have to bring the egg mixture to 160 degrees and you have to ... - charlie - 7:59pm on 04/23/16
- Is this a divinity frosting? Where you heat the sugar to 240* and beat in the egg whites? - Charley - 8:30pm on 04/23/16
- That's what my recipe says to do, but it came out loose, perhaps it was the long trip. - oli - 9:25pm on 04/23/16
- I've had good luck with this- REC: White Mountain Frosting - judy-mass - 10:14pm on 04/23/16
- I think this is a delicate icing--needs to be used within hours. Not refrigerated or - Charley - 12:39am on 04/24/16
- Did you beat it to stiff peaks? Was your cake warm?Are you sure of the 160* temp? - Charley - 11:23am on 04/24/16
- No problem Charley, I think it was the long trip that made it loose. At home it was just fine. - oli - 1:42pm on 04/26/16
- Maybe overcooking. I use the touch method to the center of the cake--and if it has - Charley - 4:42pm on 04/26/16
- Another great marshmallow icing made with marshmallows - rhoward2va - 11:11pm on 04/23/16
- I use this very icing on REC: Lemon Layer Cake from CI..... - charlie - 12:13am on 04/24/16
- Thats the recipe I am using [NT] - oli - 12:52am on 04/24/16
- You could try this REC: 7 minute icing... - charlie - 5:50pm on 04/24/16
- My results with the cake part - oli - 3:48pm on 04/25/16