Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
For anyone who was part of the Epicurious Chat Room of yore will remember Tom Bunyon, aka Cookie.
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #28824 at 8:54 pm on Jun 27, 2016
After suffering a stroke on Friday, Cookie was rushed to the hospital where it was discovered he was bleeding into his brain. Even after a weekend of heroic measures he declined quickly and yesterday he was disconnected from his respirator. He died peacefully moments later with his wife Dara at his side.
Cookie will be remembered for his love of Dara, good humour, genius behind the lens of a camera and his passion for trains.
Cookie became Tom on FaceBook and every morning his friends would be greeted with a photograph of a sunrise. He will be missed by his family and many friends around the world.
Other messages in this thread:
- 28824. For anyone who was part of the Epicurious Chat Room of yore will remember Tom Bunyon, aka Cookie. - Sylvia - 8:54pm on 06/27/16 (4)
- So very sad. He was a gentleman. [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 10:51pm on 06/27/16
- I have been AWOL for awhile but I check in often. I did want to join friends of Gail's - PatBastrop - 2:03am on 06/29/16
- Hey there! Another lamb returns to the fold. Missed you girl! - MarilynFL - 11:32am on 06/29/16
- Howdy! I'm glad to see you. I haven't been very far! Just not cooking much. :# [NT] - PatBastrop - 2:26am on 07/02/16