Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
The watermelon I've gotten has no taste. Even adding mint, lime juice & simple syrup, all I taste
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #28834 at 10:48 am on Jul 5, 2016
is mint, lime juice and simple syrup.
How do they manage to extract all flavor???
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 28834. Another vote for the Mexican Street Corn Salad. Made some last night and it's gone! - Michael in Phoenix - 9:08pm on 07/02/16 (16)
- Iam trying so hard to understand this recipe... Warm corn w. cheese? Served hot? [NT] - barb_b - 10:42pm on 07/02/16
- I find it works really well at room temperature. [NT] - judy-mass - 12:38am on 07/03/16
- It's even delicious chilled. Salty, sweet, lime citrus with cheese and a little mayo for binder. [LINK] - Michael in Phoenix - 2:40am on 07/03/16
- We first had it in Denver at a cute family Latino grill on Federal Ave. It was during the green - Charley - 10:56am on 07/03/16
- It's a riff on Elotes, which are sold from carts all over here - Melissa Dallas - 2:40pm on 07/03/16
- Elote is spanish for "corn cob". It is a little different here in Phoenix. Vendor carts have... - Michael in Phoenix - 4:05pm on 07/03/16
- We're talking about the same thing, just served differently. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 8:30pm on 07/03/16
- I made it for a crowd yesterday too - BIG hit! - deb-in-MI - 11:08am on 07/03/16
- YAY! So glad you liked it. This dish will be on regular rotation for me too! [NT] - Traca - 6:20pm on 07/03/16
- Michael, I noticed Trader Joe's has a chilie/lime blend that has good reviews - KarenNoCA - 5:29pm on 07/04/16
- My son loves it on watermelon. I'm a purist though. Watermelon needs no embellisment. - Michael in Phoenix - 5:51am on 07/05/16
- The watermelon I've gotten has no taste. Even adding mint, lime juice & simple syrup, all I taste - MarilynFL - 10:48am on 07/05/16
- Watermelons just came into season at our Farmer's Markets, however they are all the ones with seeds - KarenNoCA - 2:38pm on 07/05/16
- K, do you feel like you're eating watery pale red cubes of...nothingness? [NT] - MarilynFL - 3:24pm on 07/05/16
- Funny---I've been looking for the melons with seeds--I don't think that the seedless have as much... - charlie - 5:01pm on 07/05/16
- I LOVE the seedless and have had really delicious ones--to my taste. lol [NT] - Charley - 7:45pm on 07/05/16