Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
It's a widely held belief but pretty much not true unless it contains papaya or pineapple
Joined: Aug 15, 2007
Posted to Thread #28850 at 6:14 pm on Jul 9, 2016
or a meat tenderizer (papain). Even butchers can think it so!! LOL
among many others.
Marinades add a LOT of flavor for sure.
Back in the day my DMIL used a lot of Adolph's meat tenderizer (which is papain) and it really does turn meat to mushiness if not careful
Other messages in this thread:
- 28850. Does anyone have experience with skirt steaks. I have purchased two, very thick small steak - KarenNoCA - 11:08pm on 07/08/16 (11)
- Skirt steak is fajitas and it is tough. Thats why it is usually cut thin and then [LINK] - Melissa Dallas - 11:47pm on 07/08/16
- Good information Melissa. I LOVE skirt steak; I don't marinate, usually because of time, but - barb_b - 12:00am on 07/09/16
- Thanks Melissa, this is the best info on skirt I've seen. It explains why I can't find an outside - Curious1 - 7:16pm on 07/09/16
- If there is a carniceria near you often the Mexican markets have both [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 10:22pm on 07/09/16
- Thanks Melissa, unfortunately, I don't have anything like that near me. Which do you like the best? [NT] - Curious1 - 2:31am on 07/11/16
- We also love skirt steak, either as fajitas or as a little "steak" on its own. Very flavorful - Charley - 10:32am on 07/09/16
- I have always heard from the meat cutters in my husbands family that vinegar tenderizes meats - KarenNoCA - 1:24pm on 07/09/16
- It's a widely held belief but pretty much not true unless it contains papaya or pineapple - Charley - 6:14pm on 07/09/16
- I also understand that ingredient can be very detrimental to ones health. [NT] - KarenNoCA - 6:39pm on 07/09/16
- Interesting that Shirley Corriher contradicts herself in the article Charley - Michael in Sarasota - 9:08pm on 07/09/16
- In her book, I guess she says this tenderizes? - Charley - 10:57am on 07/10/16