Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Use some for a sponge cake and freeze the rest to use for extra richness in. . .
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Posted to Thread #28929 at 10:53 pm on Aug 8, 2016
puddings, cream pies, etc. You could use the directions for freezing a bulk amount of egg yolks at: http://whatscookingamerica.net/Eggs/FreezingEgg.htm and then use them to make some more sponge cake in the future, or what ever you wish.
Here's a link on uses for leftover egg yolks--good ideas here: http://www.thekitchn.com/12-ways-to-use-up-leftover-egg-yolks-tips-from-the-kitchn-207594 You can find a lot more ideas for egg yolks by searching " uses for extra egg yolks ". And don't forget egg yolk mayonnaise!
Link for a sponge cake recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/7388/egg-yolk-sponge-cake/
A Proud "Master Food Preserver San Bernardino County" since 1996!
Other messages in this thread:
- 28929. What do I do with 30 egg yolks now that the whites went into the icing? [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 5:14pm on 08/08/16 (24)
- Lemon curd for now and then portion them out with some sugar (5 with ~1 tsp) [LINK] - MarilynFL - 5:39pm on 08/08/16
- A few ideas and recipes.... Vanilla Ice Cream, Caesar Salad, Chocolate Pots de Creme, - Pat-NoCal - 5:43pm on 08/08/16
- These Turkish Coffee Creams were a hit with my Cookbook Club - Pat-NoCal - 6:02pm on 08/08/16
- This Caramelized Rice Pudding from the same cookbook was deelishus and I don't generally like - Pat-NoCal - 6:10pm on 08/08/16
- Pat, I have this book. Have you cooked more from it? I LOVE the look of it, but haven't played - Traca - 8:13pm on 08/08/16
- I didn't cook much from it Traca, so I let it go in a recent purge of several hundred cookbooks. Yes - Pat-NoCal - 1:32am on 08/09/16
- I pared down my collection significantly too, and end up checking out books from the library - Traca - 6:28am on 08/09/16
- I kept books by... [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 3:52pm on 08/09/16
- Our collections are very similar. I ended up getting rid of books that had a lot of "should" - Traca - 8:38am on 08/10/16
- I understand that. I bypass fussy recipes with lots of ingredients, too many pots and a ton of - KarenNoCA - 1:53pm on 08/10/16
- I like things like that in my freezer. I call them "gifts for my future self." :) [NT] - Traca - 3:26pm on 08/10/16
- In the light of day, other books in my essential collection: - Traca - 7:58pm on 08/10/16
- I LOVE tamales! - deb-in-MI - 8:22pm on 08/10/16
- That tamale book is fantastic! Even if your husband doesn't like them, as I recall, you - Traca - 9:15pm on 08/11/16
- Yep, a winner! - deb-in-MI - 9:19pm on 08/11/16
- Ooohlala, talk to me about The New Spanish Table - Pat-NoCal - 11:22pm on 08/10/16
- The New Spanish Table book is fantastic. I've made a number of things from it (my group - Traca - 9:10pm on 08/11/16
- I have Tourquoise...not sure why I bought it, maybe because it is a favorite color of mine, however - KarenNoCA - 6:39pm on 08/09/16
- [NT] - GayR - 6:31pm on 08/08/16
- Great Recipes from Bon Appetit - Life On the Sunny Side [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 6:56pm on 08/08/16
- This recipe for Egg Yolk Cookies got great reviews -Food.com (scroll for more recipes also) [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 7:18pm on 08/08/16
- Use some for a sponge cake and freeze the rest to use for extra richness in. . . - mistral - 10:53pm on 08/08/16
- Recipes using egg yolks [NT] [LINK] - Olga_D_Ont - 11:56pm on 08/08/16
- Thanks everyone - lots to choose from! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 9:29pm on 08/10/16