Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Sweetopolita's malted chocolate icing is tasty.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #28944 at 5:47 pm on Aug 18, 2016
A half-batch made a nice thick layer of icing for a 9x13" yellow box cake. Light and fluffy and I'm absolutely convinced that whipping air into it deflates the calorie count.
Sweetapolita says to make it in a food processor, but I used the balloon on my KA mixer and liked the texture.
1 Cup (2 sticks) butter
2 Cups (250 grams) powdered sugar
3/8 C malted milk powder (I don't like Ovaltine...mine was just a beige malt powder)
1/4 C heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla
3.5 oz melted QUALITY chocolate bar (I used Godiva 50%)
My butter is always unsalted so I added 1/4 tsp salt.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 28944. Sweetopolita's malted chocolate icing is tasty. [LINK] - MarilynFL - 5:47pm on 08/18/16 (5)
- Thank you! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 8:57pm on 08/18/16
- Sounds good...Ovaltine make malt powder? I've only seen Carnation. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 3:41am on 08/19/16
- I used the Carnation malted milk powder. Ovaltine is made with malt, but has some - MarilynFL - 10:07am on 08/19/16
- I agree - Ovaltine tasts nasty. It's not worth a decoder ring! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 5:27pm on 08/19/16
- I grew up drinking Ovaltine, have they changed the formula? I have not had it in years! [NT] - KarenNoCA - 11:05pm on 08/19/16