Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Lisa - LA||
It indicates a 10 cup pan at the bottom of Alton's list of ingredients from FN site>>>
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #29015 at 1:42 pm on Sep 15, 2016
I was initially going to suggest you just use the largest pan. Then I reconsidered because I know you are a very precise person (that's why I love you so much!) , so then I was going to suggest measuring the finished batter to determine the yield, then prepping the pan.
OR - you could use the 9 cupper and bake the extra batter, if any, as a muffin or two.
Anyhow....here is Alton's recipe, the pan type is listed at the end of the glaze ingredients:
Link: Caramel Apple Cake - Alton Brown/Food Network
Other messages in this thread:
- 29015. okay, what size bundt pan do I use for Alton Brown's Apple Cake? See Sally's link [LINK] - MarilynFL - 1:06pm on 09/15/16 (13)
- It indicates a 10 cup pan at the bottom of Alton's list of ingredients from FN site>>> [LINK] - LisainLA - 1:42pm on 09/15/16
- Thank you! I started to check that link, but the FN website is really wonky on IE here at work. All - MarilynFL - 2:03pm on 09/15/16
- Sorry, haven't seen this.... - SallyBR - 11:22am on 09/16/16
- Speaking of equipment, I ordered 7x7 inch square pan for Theo's caramels - MarilynFL - 2:10pm on 09/15/16
- Aha we were wondering what that flavor was---reduced apple cider!! ... - charlie - 4:12pm on 09/15/16
- Here's is theo's basic caramel recipe (reduced to use 2 cups of heavy cream) [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 4:49pm on 09/15/16
- Here is theo's Apple Cider Caramel. Again, I reduced my quantity so it all fit in 3.5 QT pot. [LINK] - MarilynFL - 4:53pm on 09/15/16
- Marilyn, have a look at this blog.....Ella Claire Inspired - Caramel apple tips......... [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 4:26pm on 09/15/16
- Thanks Gay! I brought back local unwaxed McIntosh and HUGE Honeycrisp from NC. - MarilynFL - 5:59pm on 09/15/16
- Very welcome, Marilyn.....hope the tips are helpful....... [NT] - GayR - 1:55am on 09/16/16
- More questions: Ella Claire's recipe stops the caramel at 235 degrees. Doesn't that seem low? - MarilynFL - 11:07am on 09/16/16
- Maybe this is helpful .... exploratorium.edu [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 12:03pm on 09/16/16
- Good info. The data on this page makes it sound like her caramel will be runny at 235. - MarilynFL - 2:32pm on 09/16/16