Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Good info. The data on this page makes it sound like her caramel will be runny at 235.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29015 at 2:32 pm on Sep 16, 2016
That hardly seems like it will stick to apples.
But then I continued reading more and more articles and now I'm not going to make caramel/peanut apples for the library since I can't control what they'll do with them after I hand 'em over.
[see listeriosis article below.]
Don't want to kill off my favorite library staff.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29015. okay, what size bundt pan do I use for Alton Brown's Apple Cake? See Sally's link [LINK] - MarilynFL - 1:06pm on 09/15/16 (13)
- It indicates a 10 cup pan at the bottom of Alton's list of ingredients from FN site>>> [LINK] - LisainLA - 1:42pm on 09/15/16
- Thank you! I started to check that link, but the FN website is really wonky on IE here at work. All - MarilynFL - 2:03pm on 09/15/16
- Sorry, haven't seen this.... - SallyBR - 11:22am on 09/16/16
- Speaking of equipment, I ordered 7x7 inch square pan for Theo's caramels - MarilynFL - 2:10pm on 09/15/16
- Aha we were wondering what that flavor was---reduced apple cider!! ... - charlie - 4:12pm on 09/15/16
- Here's is theo's basic caramel recipe (reduced to use 2 cups of heavy cream) [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 4:49pm on 09/15/16
- Here is theo's Apple Cider Caramel. Again, I reduced my quantity so it all fit in 3.5 QT pot. [LINK] - MarilynFL - 4:53pm on 09/15/16
- Marilyn, have a look at this blog.....Ella Claire Inspired - Caramel apple tips......... [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 4:26pm on 09/15/16
- Thanks Gay! I brought back local unwaxed McIntosh and HUGE Honeycrisp from NC. - MarilynFL - 5:59pm on 09/15/16
- Very welcome, Marilyn.....hope the tips are helpful....... [NT] - GayR - 1:55am on 09/16/16
- More questions: Ella Claire's recipe stops the caramel at 235 degrees. Doesn't that seem low? - MarilynFL - 11:07am on 09/16/16