Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I think it has much more depth than Karo. It's a by-product of the sugar distillation
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29052 at 4:48 pm on Sep 27, 2016
process and isn't corn-based, as Karo is.
Sweet *Misplaced in Arizona* sent me my first bottle to use for oat cookies. Now I can find it in the UK International food section at my market.
However, neither compares with really good, really *real* maple syrup for pancakes.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29052. Tuesday is our wedding anniverary. Looking for a simple, elegant meal. Any ideas? - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 3:32pm on 09/26/16 (22)
- Amanda, Ina Garten's (Overnight) Herbed Marinated Pork Tenderloin [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 3:56pm on 09/26/16
- Kathy Spark's Filet Mignon w/ yellow tomato vinaigrette [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 4:01pm on 09/26/16
- happy anniversary! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 4:12pm on 09/26/16
- Thank you. :) [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 6:02pm on 09/26/16
- Our favorite meal is non-cooked: Pâté with crusty bread & all the garnishes, fruit, nuts, cheese... - MarilynFL - 4:13pm on 09/26/16
- THAT would be perfect!! [NT] - Charley - 5:13pm on 09/26/16
- I would LOVE that! [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 6:02pm on 09/26/16
- My favorite kind of meal. :) [NT] - Traca - 5:27am on 09/27/16
- Whatever you choose, have a wonderful anniversary...which one is it? [NT] - KarenNoCA - 4:53pm on 09/26/16
- 15 years. (Plus the seven we lived together, plus four in college, plus senior year of high school). [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 6:01pm on 09/26/16
- I love it ...sweethearts from senior year! [NT] - KarenNoCA - 6:25pm on 09/26/16
- I married the boy next door. (Well, almost next door!) [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 9:47pm on 09/26/16
- Happy anniversary! If you were dating in high school / college, then I think $ were - barb_b - 8:59pm on 09/26/16
- Oh my gosh! We went to England and Scotland for our honeymoon--so many good meals. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 9:56pm on 09/26/16
- I made flap jacks last week, using lyles golden syrup. Huge hit here. [NT] [LINK] - barb_b - 12:13pm on 09/27/16
- Or you can make an "Elegant" tea.... Fancy plates, tea sandwiches, clotted cream, home made jam. [NT] - barb_b - 12:21pm on 09/27/16
- How does Golden Syrup compare to Pure Maple Syrup, Grade A or B? [NT] - KarenNoCA - 3:21pm on 09/27/16
- Not the same at all--it is "more" like white Karo. [NT] - Charley - 4:27pm on 09/27/16
- I think it has much more depth than Karo. It's a by-product of the sugar distillation - MarilynFL - 4:48pm on 09/27/16
- The latter is really my point--it doesn't compare at all to maple syrup--it is - Charley - 7:39pm on 09/27/16
- OK, thanks...not on my radar then. [NT] - KarenNoCA - 11:08pm on 09/27/16
- Thanks again to Cyn in Upstate NY for introducing me to *real* real maple syrup. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:34pm on 09/28/16