Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
All-American green vegetable from my childhood was canned peas.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29043 at 12:36 pm on Sep 28, 2016
I never had Brussels sprouts until I was an adult.
Or an artichoke until age 26. (Thank you John.)
I was 32 before I tasted a fresh sliced avocado (although I'd had guacamole)
Sprouts came into my life at 30.
Kale didn't make it until 58.
Who knows what I'll find in my sixties.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29043. Dilemma: how to roast Brussels sprouts ahead and reheat? - cheezz - 10:29pm on 09/23/16 (24)
- I wouldn't. I'd minimally par-cook ahead and then roast high before serving. - MarilynFL - 11:43pm on 09/23/16
- That's the problem - no oven space. We'll be baking 300 mini meat loaves :( [NT] - cheezz - 11:46pm on 09/23/16
- ah, well that changes things. I thought you just wanted to prep ahead.. Would it be possible - MarilynFL - 11:52pm on 09/23/16
- The meat loaves will hold better than the sprouts!! [NT] - Charley - 12:31am on 09/24/16
- I think it is that you need a different veggie then. They will not be good if - Charley - 12:29am on 09/24/16
- We originally wanted to do green beans, but they get that grayish-green look too [NT] - cheezz - 2:18am on 09/24/16
- I suggest you get frozen haricot verts, bring to a boil and serve--maybe butter and almonds. [NT] - Charley - 6:55am on 09/24/16
- Maybe big pans of Briami?It's fine at room temp and you'll get your potatoes & veggies as all in one - MoNJ - 11:10am on 09/24/16
- This is a great idea.. You can always stick them in the oven or - KarenNoCA - 1:41pm on 09/24/16
- I was inspired by this to make a half sheet pan of all veggies, no potatoes, - KarenNoCA - 4:34pm on 09/24/16
- BB (before Briami), I made ratatouille - colleenmomof2 - 11:25am on 09/25/16
- I usually serve corn with meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Easy and you can do on stovetop. [NT] - LisainLA - 2:16pm on 09/24/16
- I also do corn w/ meatloaf. [NT] - barb_b - 12:29pm on 09/26/16
- Corn+potatoes=2 starches and no green veg. This crowd clamors for green veggies [NT] - cheezz - 9:08pm on 09/26/16
- Jane, the Briami idea is a good one- can use any number of veggies in it, can omit potatoes - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:29pm on 09/24/16
- And how about a sprinkle of corn on the top of your roasted veggies? - colleenmomof2 - 11:30am on 09/25/16
- Briami is too "complicated". We want to do a simple roasted veg with the meatloaf and mashed potatoe - cheezz - 3:17am on 09/26/16
- ok- how about zucchini chunks roasted with a bit of onion? - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:24pm on 09/26/16
- Would that roast, then hold a day or two, then reheat well? [NT] - cheezz - 8:59pm on 09/26/16
- That sounds good but an "all American" side has been requested. We really wanted green beans - cheezz - 9:03pm on 09/26/16
- All-American green vegetable from my childhood was canned peas. - MarilynFL - 12:36pm on 09/28/16
- No, I don't think it would hold at all. Serve the green beans--they hold their color - Charley - 9:35pm on 09/26/16
- you are wrong. Have used zucchini that way on catering jobs several times. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:02pm on 09/27/16
- Does it HAVE to be hot? America's Test Kitchen *Shaved Brussel Sprouts Salad* [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 1:48pm on 09/26/16