Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
What do I do with a VAT of garlic aioli?
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #29080 at 4:09 am on Oct 4, 2016
I made a small batch from a recipe online (1 egg/4 raw cloves of garlic) and it was so garlic-y a tiny taste burned my mouth. I had to add an entire container of mayo and then almost as much borrowed from a neighbor, resulting in a medium mixing bowl of the stuff that due to the wood oven artichoke fail was unused.
The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that can be learned in no other way. - MTwain
Other messages in this thread:
- 29080. What do I do with a VAT of garlic aioli? - MariaDNoCA - 4:09am on 10/04/16 (13)
- I don't see much to do, unfortunately. Since it is commercial mayo you added - Charley - 9:59am on 10/04/16
- see! That's exactly what happened to me the first time I made hummus. Darn recipe - MarilynFL - 12:55pm on 10/04/16
- FYI, here is the recipe at the link; and look at the credentials of who the recipe is from [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 6:09pm on 10/04/16
- I have had experiences like that too, when the recipe did not turn out well - KarenNoCA - 2:26pm on 10/04/16
- I'd make a big batch of veg soup & stir some in. I also like to stir a bit into eggs, - Traca - 3:46pm on 10/04/16
- I use Aioli a lot. Here are some ideas - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:00pm on 10/04/16
- Thanks, these sound great! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 9:28pm on 10/04/16
- Ooh! Love these ideas. Thanks Cathy. I also am wondering, if the garlic is starting to sprout it's - Traca - 9:48pm on 10/04/16
- I thought the same thing. Also, sometimes the clove has a green tinge at the top and it is - Curious1 - 11:01pm on 10/04/16
- I never considered this! Yes, I'd just bought it but there was some green on the cloves. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 12:01am on 10/05/16
- In our area, garlic is in the ground. It takes about nine months for garlic to be ready - KarenNoCA - 3:39pm on 10/05/16
- Good advice on it taming down--and those directions do say "medium". I have - Charley - 12:14pm on 10/05/16
- Tortilla Espanola with aioli on the side. [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 12:05am on 10/05/16