Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
see! That's exactly what happened to me the first time I made hummus. Darn recipe
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29080 at 12:55 pm on Oct 4, 2016
called for 6 cloves of garlic and like an idiot, I added them all because THE RECIPE SAID TO. My tongue was so messed up I couldn't taste anything for a day. I kept adding more and more cans of chickpeas just to make it edible until I had way too much. Took me YEARS before I tried that recipe again.
Now I add ONE SMALL clove for the entire batch and my tongue is infinitely happier.
Wouldn't aioli work for chicken salad? Or tuna salad?
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29080. What do I do with a VAT of garlic aioli? - MariaDNoCA - 4:09am on 10/04/16 (13)
- I don't see much to do, unfortunately. Since it is commercial mayo you added - Charley - 9:59am on 10/04/16
- see! That's exactly what happened to me the first time I made hummus. Darn recipe - MarilynFL - 12:55pm on 10/04/16
- FYI, here is the recipe at the link; and look at the credentials of who the recipe is from [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 6:09pm on 10/04/16
- I have had experiences like that too, when the recipe did not turn out well - KarenNoCA - 2:26pm on 10/04/16
- I'd make a big batch of veg soup & stir some in. I also like to stir a bit into eggs, - Traca - 3:46pm on 10/04/16
- I use Aioli a lot. Here are some ideas - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:00pm on 10/04/16
- Thanks, these sound great! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 9:28pm on 10/04/16
- Ooh! Love these ideas. Thanks Cathy. I also am wondering, if the garlic is starting to sprout it's - Traca - 9:48pm on 10/04/16
- I thought the same thing. Also, sometimes the clove has a green tinge at the top and it is - Curious1 - 11:01pm on 10/04/16
- I never considered this! Yes, I'd just bought it but there was some green on the cloves. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 12:01am on 10/05/16
- In our area, garlic is in the ground. It takes about nine months for garlic to be ready - KarenNoCA - 3:39pm on 10/05/16
- Good advice on it taming down--and those directions do say "medium". I have - Charley - 12:14pm on 10/05/16
- Tortilla Espanola with aioli on the side. [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 12:05am on 10/05/16