Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I have had experiences like that too, when the recipe did not turn out well
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #29080 at 2:26 pm on Oct 4, 2016
and after experiences which taught me not to waste adding to a already lousy recipe, I now toss the whole thing out, without trying to add anything to it. Soups, stews, I can fix, but sauces, dips, I simply toss.
I usually have a gut feeling out recipes now, like the one I posted above with all the pumpkin in it. My gut said, "do not make this", but I did and it turned out as expected....not worth it. Usually you can find most recipes online and they have reviews. There are many comments about too much garlic, or red pepper and so on.
The garlic I get at the Farmer's Market is so fresh and very strong, and the younger it is the stronger it is, a grower told me. Young garlic is very sticky.
~*Many things will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those*~
Other messages in this thread:
- 29080. What do I do with a VAT of garlic aioli? - MariaDNoCA - 4:09am on 10/04/16 (13)
- I don't see much to do, unfortunately. Since it is commercial mayo you added - Charley - 9:59am on 10/04/16
- see! That's exactly what happened to me the first time I made hummus. Darn recipe - MarilynFL - 12:55pm on 10/04/16
- FYI, here is the recipe at the link; and look at the credentials of who the recipe is from [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 6:09pm on 10/04/16
- I have had experiences like that too, when the recipe did not turn out well - KarenNoCA - 2:26pm on 10/04/16
- I'd make a big batch of veg soup & stir some in. I also like to stir a bit into eggs, - Traca - 3:46pm on 10/04/16
- I use Aioli a lot. Here are some ideas - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:00pm on 10/04/16
- Thanks, these sound great! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 9:28pm on 10/04/16
- Ooh! Love these ideas. Thanks Cathy. I also am wondering, if the garlic is starting to sprout it's - Traca - 9:48pm on 10/04/16
- I thought the same thing. Also, sometimes the clove has a green tinge at the top and it is - Curious1 - 11:01pm on 10/04/16
- I never considered this! Yes, I'd just bought it but there was some green on the cloves. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 12:01am on 10/05/16
- In our area, garlic is in the ground. It takes about nine months for garlic to be ready - KarenNoCA - 3:39pm on 10/05/16
- Good advice on it taming down--and those directions do say "medium". I have - Charley - 12:14pm on 10/05/16
- Tortilla Espanola with aioli on the side. [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 12:05am on 10/05/16