Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
FYI, here is the recipe at the link; and look at the credentials of who the recipe is from
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #29080 at 6:09 pm on Oct 4, 2016
(I followed the recipe exactly as written and a small tip of the finger sized taste burned my mouth and even with brushing teeth I woke the next day with the taste of garlic in my mouth.)
I chose this recipe because many others with star ratings started with commercial mayo and I wanted the amazing taste of the real stuff at a local restaurant.
J. KENJI LÓPEZ-ALT MANAGING CULINARY DIRECTOR
J. Kenji López-Alt is the Managing Culinary Director of Serious Eats, and author of the James Beard Award-nominated column The Food Lab, where he unravels the science of home cooking. A restaurant-trained chef and former Editor at Cook's Illustrated magazine, his first book, The Food Lab: Better Home Cooking Through Science is a New York Times Best-Seller, the recipient of a James Beard Award, and was named Cookbook of the Year in 2015 by the International Association of Culinary Professionals.
The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that can be learned in no other way. - MTwain
Other messages in this thread:
- 29080. What do I do with a VAT of garlic aioli? - MariaDNoCA - 4:09am on 10/04/16 (13)
- I don't see much to do, unfortunately. Since it is commercial mayo you added - Charley - 9:59am on 10/04/16
- see! That's exactly what happened to me the first time I made hummus. Darn recipe - MarilynFL - 12:55pm on 10/04/16
- FYI, here is the recipe at the link; and look at the credentials of who the recipe is from [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 6:09pm on 10/04/16
- I have had experiences like that too, when the recipe did not turn out well - KarenNoCA - 2:26pm on 10/04/16
- I'd make a big batch of veg soup & stir some in. I also like to stir a bit into eggs, - Traca - 3:46pm on 10/04/16
- I use Aioli a lot. Here are some ideas - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:00pm on 10/04/16
- Thanks, these sound great! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 9:28pm on 10/04/16
- Ooh! Love these ideas. Thanks Cathy. I also am wondering, if the garlic is starting to sprout it's - Traca - 9:48pm on 10/04/16
- I thought the same thing. Also, sometimes the clove has a green tinge at the top and it is - Curious1 - 11:01pm on 10/04/16
- I never considered this! Yes, I'd just bought it but there was some green on the cloves. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 12:01am on 10/05/16
- In our area, garlic is in the ground. It takes about nine months for garlic to be ready - KarenNoCA - 3:39pm on 10/05/16
- Good advice on it taming down--and those directions do say "medium". I have - Charley - 12:14pm on 10/05/16
- Tortilla Espanola with aioli on the side. [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 12:05am on 10/05/16