Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Lisa - LA||
I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. It seems the oven was too hot.
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #29064 at 3:35 am on Oct 5, 2016
For super high heat, it might have worked better to steam them thoroughly, coat well with olive oil and some salt, then wrap in foil for a short sit in the oven.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29064. Going to a potluck this weekend where we all bring food for the wood-fired oven. Ideas? - MariaDNoCA - 2:19am on 09/30/16 (7)
- I love wood-fired artichokes - you split them down the middle, slather with some olive oil and - LisainLA - 6:07am on 09/30/16
- That sounds delish!!! Do you pre-cook or do them completely in the wood oven? [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 6:16pm on 09/30/16
- It wouldn't hurt to pre-steam them, they stay more moist that way. [NT] - LisainLA - 4:36am on 10/01/16
- Well, these failed. Boo. I presteamed for 10mins, but they burnt on the outside and never cooked on - MariaDNoCA - 4:07am on 10/04/16
- I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. It seems the oven was too hot. - LisainLA - 3:35am on 10/05/16
- We've had whole heads of roasted cauliflower in wood fired ovens. Click the link for an idea on how. [LINK] - Michael in Phoenix - 7:31pm on 09/30/16
- Mexican street corn; individual foil wrapped desserts like fruit cobbler [NT] - cheezz - 8:01pm on 10/07/16