Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I know there are many yummy apple cake recipes here but I can vouch for Marie-Helene's Apple Cake.
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #29092 at 2:56 am on Oct 8, 2016
Looks as though Traca posted it first but I do remember Sally made it and also really liked it. It is a Dorie Greenspan recipe.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29092. Has anyone made Mom's Apple Cake (Meryl's) in a bundt pan? [LINK] - cheezz - 9:52pm on 10/07/16 (6)
- I know there are many yummy apple cake recipes here but I can vouch for Marie-Helene's Apple Cake. [LINK] - Curious1 - 2:56am on 10/08/16
- Curious1, I agree. This is my go to apple cake which is imho even better than the Balzano cake. [NT] - Sylvia - 11:55am on 10/08/16
- I like both Balzano and MH, I think sliced apples vs chunks are more elegant. - MoNJ - 1:55pm on 10/08/16
- Slices are more elegant and no more work compared to chunks. [NT] - Sylvia - 7:12pm on 10/08/16
- Mom's Apple Cake is basically the one I always use - delish - deb-in-MI - 1:11pm on 10/09/16
- Thanks!I may have to make Mom's AND Marie-Helene's for a side-by-side test :) [NT] - cheezz - 10:12pm on 10/09/16