Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
And make 'em with real butter AND . . .
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Posted to Thread #29099 at 6:47 pm on Oct 12, 2016
Double the amount of butter. Olde recipes I have seen call for 4 tblsp. Of course the larger amount is much, much better. And use salted butter!
Of course, I just looked up the recipe on the official Rice Krispie site and they call for 3 tblsp.
In any case, I recommend at LEAST 3 tblsp butter (but personally would use 4, and I have found recipes out there for "Rice Krispie Treats" with other stuff in it calling for 1 stick--8 tblsp--butter!)
A Proud "Master Food Preserver San Bernardino County" since 1996!
Other messages in this thread:
- 29099. I'm on the committee for a veterans party next month. Have to make refreshments for about 50. - CynUpstateNY - 1:20pm on 10/11/16 (27)
- You make the cookies and have someone else on your committee do the decorating? - Charley - 1:56pm on 10/11/16
- Dip in thin fondant, let dry and hand out edible ink pens. Let kids decorate them. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:58pm on 10/11/16
- Uh... I don't think that will go over too well with the 60-80 year old vets. [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 2:19pm on 10/11/16
- That's a good idea , too! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 2:20pm on 10/11/16
- cupcakes with the flags--hung up on the flags!! You might even be able to get - Charley - 4:03pm on 10/11/16
- Cake balls! Dip in white and use red/blue sprinkles, wrap in festive ribbon. I can give you [LINK] - MarilynFL - 1:57pm on 10/11/16
- Ha...good idea! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 2:19pm on 10/11/16
- Lol! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 5:52am on 10/12/16
- An video tutorial on making straight lines w/ royal icing (very short) [LINK] - deb-in-MI - 2:51pm on 10/11/16
- How about cupcakes - you could do a white cake with a red marble/swirl, with - LisainLA - 12:15am on 10/12/16
- Cupcakes w r/w/b sprinkles or icing you stripe a piping bag with rw&b icing... - MariaDNoCA - 5:49am on 10/12/16
- Great idea! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 1:36pm on 10/12/16
- Rice crispy treats with sprinkles and sparkles. [NT] - Traca - 12:23am on 10/12/16
- Truffles also with sprinkles and sparkles. [NT] - Traca - 12:24am on 10/12/16
- And make 'em with real butter AND . . . - mistral - 6:47pm on 10/12/16
- Thanks for the wonderful ideas! Never made cake balls...do you have a t&t? [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 1:37pm on 10/12/16
- cheezz has made many more than me by now. She has a brilliant idea of baking a box cake, then [LINK] - MarilynFL - 4:28pm on 10/12/16
- Thanks, I bookmarked the page! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 9:30pm on 10/12/16
- These cake balls are yummy but too tender to hold on a stick. I'd go to an expert - cheezz - 1:22am on 10/14/16
- Or just roll balls, dip and serve in a candy wrapper. [NT] - MarilynFL - 10:37am on 10/14/16
- Another much simpler & quicker idea is Texas Sheet Cake with a flurry of flags. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:35am on 10/13/16
- Yes, cut the cake in two bite squares and put in a cupcake liner for serving. - Charley - 12:06pm on 10/13/16
- Recipe for Texas Sheet Cake, please? Many thanks. [NT] - Marianne - 3:44pm on 10/14/16
- Gayle and Pat posted the same recipe; Pat's includes substitutions [LINK] - MarilynFL - 5:44pm on 10/14/16
- Many thanks! Do I need to use an electric mixer? [NT] - Marianne - 6:10pm on 10/14/16
- Nope! [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:33pm on 10/14/16
- Made with butter this is sublime. I make it in a 9X13 pan and use buttermilk or soured milk. nt [NT] - Charley - 6:48pm on 10/16/16