Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I really think you'll be happier. We are a corn loving family and I have frozen creamed
Joined: Aug 15, 2007
Posted to Thread #29195 at 2:17 am on Nov 20, 2016
corn for (now) 50 years. I honestly do not see the good flavor in that recipe. I could be VERY wrong.
There is corn maque choux, a NOLA classic that is corn, garlic, onions peppers, and of course, butter. It is delicious if you are looking for a corn dish without so much creaminess.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29195. Has anyone made some version of the corn, cream cheese, and [LINK] - emtd - 8:01pm on 11/19/16 (15)
- Your frozen corn will be fine--I personally prefer white shoepeg for smaller - Charley - 8:12pm on 11/19/16
- Hi Betty, My go to rec: is from Richard. Rec: Ina Garten's Sagaponack Corn Pudding [LINK] - barb_b - 9:09pm on 11/19/16
- Thank you to both of you. I will follow your advice - emtd - 9:45pm on 11/19/16
- I really think you'll be happier. We are a corn loving family and I have frozen creamed - Charley - 2:17am on 11/20/16
- That's kind of you to offer an alternative Charley I admit that as I'm hosting - emtd - 5:46pm on 11/20/16
- Just bake it. I don't do water baths except for cheesecakes [NT] - Charley - 10:02pm on 11/20/16
- I didn't suggest that corn pudding and as much as I love Ina, I do some - Charley - 10:06pm on 11/20/16
- Barb, glad you're enjoying that recipe. We just love that one too. [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 8:52pm on 11/21/16
- Richard and Barb - do you use the water bath method? I see Charley does not. Tx. [NT] - emtd - 12:31am on 11/22/16
- I have done both, and not noticed a difference with the water bath. [NT] - barb_b - 3:25pm on 11/22/16
- Agree. I don't see the need of waterbath with a corn pudding. [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 8:58pm on 11/22/16
- Thanks RIchard and Barb (and Charley). [NT] - emtd - 11:10pm on 11/22/16
- This cream corn casserole from Pioneer Woman is seriously delicious! [NT] [LINK] - orchid - 6:08pm on 11/20/16
- I have not made this, but something similar, It is very much like artichoke dip flavors - LisainLA - 12:25am on 11/21/16
- I agree - how can you go wrong - thanks very much everyone. [NT] - emtd - 3:55am on 11/21/16