Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Tonight's Dinner REC: Chicken Thigh Piccata on Pasta
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29213 at 1:44 am on Nov 24, 2016
This was tonight's dinner. I was 30 minutes start to finish. So easy and so delicious I've been asked to write the recipe down so that it may appear on future dinner menus (before I forget it):
8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
Freshly ground black pepper
flour, for dredging
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c. sherry
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 c. chicken stock
1/4 c. capers
1/2 cup whipping cream
freshly grated parmigianno-reggiano
1/3 c. chopped basil for garnish
Season chicken and flour. Saute in skillet with olive oil until nicely brown on both sides. Remove from pan and set aside to keep warm.
Saute the garlic for a minute, then add the sherry, broth, lemon juice, and capers. Bring to a boil and reduce while stirring to deglaze the pan. When reduced by half, add cream, bring to a simmer and reduce slightly. Stir in 1 tbls butter off the heat to enrich the sauce.
Place drained pasta on plate. Top with chicken. Pour sauce over, sprinkle with P-R cheese and garnish with chopped fresh basil.
I served this with steamed fresh Brussels sprouts and an Arugula salad with an herb-basalmic vinaigrette.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29213. Tonight's Dinner REC: Chicken Thigh Piccata on Pasta - Richard in Cincy - 1:44am on 11/24/16 (7)
- Sounds delicious! I've never heard of cream in Piccata sauce but I'm all for it. [NT] - Joe - 2:13am on 11/24/16
- OK, cream sauce. LOL I was moved by the lemon and capers. Quick and Easy! [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 2:45am on 11/24/16
- Like I said, sounds delicious! I always make it with a roux, which has at least as many calories - Joe - 2:59am on 11/24/16
- I always add a splash of cream - it really takes it to an amazing level of taste [NT] - cheezz - 6:11am on 11/25/16
- That is exactly what I will do next time! [NT] - Joe - 8:31pm on 11/25/16
- I think this should be the state motto of a state I'd want to live in. [NT] - MarilynFL - 10:28pm on 11/27/16
- Typical Chicken Piccata, although I make it with flattened chicken breasts - KarenNoCA - 3:32am on 11/24/16