Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Every year I make your Cashew Macadamia squares. I love them!.
Joined: Feb 6, 2006
Posted to Thread #29242 at 7:36 pm on Dec 3, 2016
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
2 cups (11.5 oz. pkg.) milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup coarsely chopped salted or unsalted cashews
3/4 cup coarsely chopped salted or unsalted macadamia nuts
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
Line 9-inch square pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan; butter foil (or spray with Pam). Cover bottom of prepared pan with chocolate chips.
Combine cashews, macadamia nuts, butter, sugar and corn syrup in large heavy skillet; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Increase heat to medium; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to cling together and turns golden brown.
Pour mixture over chocolate chips in pan, spreading evenly. Cool. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm. Remove from pan; peel off foil. Break into pieces. Store tightly covered in cool, dry place.
Makes about 1- 1/2 pounds of candy.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29242. Has everyone started their holiday baking yet? What's on your list this year? [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 6:52pm on 12/03/16 (25)
- Every year I make your Cashew Macadamia squares. I love them!. - emtd - 7:36pm on 12/03/16
- Yum! Thank you! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 2:22pm on 12/04/16
- Thanks Betty! I will try this for upcoming Christmas gifts. Much appreciated! [NT] - barb_b - 3:52pm on 12/04/16
- Yikes - just to be clear this recipe came from Maria :) Tx. [NT] - emtd - 6:44pm on 12/06/16
- Yes love this, but have a hard time finding the macadamia nuts anymore :( [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 3:22am on 12/12/16
- Trader Joes! [NT] - cheezz - 4:22am on 12/13/16
- I'm leaving for Florida on the 17th so I started early and froze a bunch. I did - CynUpstateNY - 9:40pm on 12/03/16
- Cyn, hitch a ride with my SIL, she's flying from Hartford on the 17th. [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 10:43pm on 12/03/16
- Ha...only going dwon for a week to meet friends. Driving down for Feb and March. [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 12:30pm on 12/04/16
- Down...don't have contacts in yet. [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 12:31pm on 12/04/16
- WOW! You have been busy! I still am waiting for a time when my parents are using their smoker to - barb_b - 3:54pm on 12/04/16
- That's so sweet of you! Haven't pulled the smoker out in years. [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 6:46pm on 12/04/16
- Fruitcake made, ingredients for cookies being gathered. - judy-mass - 10:27pm on 12/03/16
- Putting up the tree and making the old favorites, Molassas, Anise and - Michael in Sarasota - 10:46pm on 12/03/16
- Just going through the posts... So many of you have been busy! I am still getting over T-giving [NT] - barb_b - 3:56pm on 12/04/16
- I love this Chocolate Cranberry Bread that Meryl shared. I leave out the cranberries [LINK] - LisainLA - 1:27am on 12/04/16
- My usuals, plus I think I'm going to try the orange slice bars from my childhood - Melissa Dallas - 1:47am on 12/04/16
- I am not familiar with orange slices - are they like these? [NT] [LINK] - LisainLA - 5:33am on 12/04/16
- Underway here with the usual: - Richard in Cincy - 11:58pm on 12/04/16
- What an impressive cookie list! Like barb_b, I am barely over Thxgiving and last night made 1 batch [LINK] - wigs - 5:58pm on 12/06/16
- I always need a lie-down after reading one of Richard's post. [NT] - MarilynFL - 8:18pm on 12/06/16
- I have a system... - Richard in Cincy - 4:40am on 12/08/16
- I started this past weekend and made a batch of shortbread. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 3:40am on 12/07/16