Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
What an impressive cookie list! Like barb_b, I am barely over Thxgiving and last night made 1 batch
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Posted to Thread #29242 at 5:58 pm on Dec 6, 2016
of earnie's Pumpkin Cookies (there is a picture at the link listed) because I had 1 solitary cup of pumpkin left over from making a Pumpkin Cheesecake w/ Sour Cream & Cognac topping for the recent holiday festivities. Cookies have been popped into the freezer.
Fast and simple. Made these this morning to take to our community office, maintenance crew, and gatekeeper.
Old Fashioned Pumpkin Cookies
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
1 cup LIBBY'SŪ 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Glaze (recipe follows)
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease baking sheets.
COMBINE flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in medium bowl. Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until well blended. Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract until smooth. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
BAKE for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Drizzle Glaze over cookies.
Combine in small bowl until smooth.
2 cups sifted powdered sugar,
3 tablespoons milk,
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract in small bowl until smooth.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29242. Has everyone started their holiday baking yet? What's on your list this year? [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 6:52pm on 12/03/16 (25)
- Every year I make your Cashew Macadamia squares. I love them!. - emtd - 7:36pm on 12/03/16
- Yum! Thank you! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 2:22pm on 12/04/16
- Thanks Betty! I will try this for upcoming Christmas gifts. Much appreciated! [NT] - barb_b - 3:52pm on 12/04/16
- Yikes - just to be clear this recipe came from Maria :) Tx. [NT] - emtd - 6:44pm on 12/06/16
- Yes love this, but have a hard time finding the macadamia nuts anymore :( [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 3:22am on 12/12/16
- Trader Joes! [NT] - cheezz - 4:22am on 12/13/16
- I'm leaving for Florida on the 17th so I started early and froze a bunch. I did - CynUpstateNY - 9:40pm on 12/03/16
- Cyn, hitch a ride with my SIL, she's flying from Hartford on the 17th. [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 10:43pm on 12/03/16
- Ha...only going dwon for a week to meet friends. Driving down for Feb and March. [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 12:30pm on 12/04/16
- Down...don't have contacts in yet. [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 12:31pm on 12/04/16
- WOW! You have been busy! I still am waiting for a time when my parents are using their smoker to - barb_b - 3:54pm on 12/04/16
- That's so sweet of you! Haven't pulled the smoker out in years. [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 6:46pm on 12/04/16
- Fruitcake made, ingredients for cookies being gathered. - judy-mass - 10:27pm on 12/03/16
- Putting up the tree and making the old favorites, Molassas, Anise and - Michael in Sarasota - 10:46pm on 12/03/16
- Just going through the posts... So many of you have been busy! I am still getting over T-giving [NT] - barb_b - 3:56pm on 12/04/16
- I love this Chocolate Cranberry Bread that Meryl shared. I leave out the cranberries [LINK] - LisainLA - 1:27am on 12/04/16
- My usuals, plus I think I'm going to try the orange slice bars from my childhood - Melissa Dallas - 1:47am on 12/04/16
- I am not familiar with orange slices - are they like these? [NT] [LINK] - LisainLA - 5:33am on 12/04/16
- Underway here with the usual: - Richard in Cincy - 11:58pm on 12/04/16
- What an impressive cookie list! Like barb_b, I am barely over Thxgiving and last night made 1 batch [LINK] - wigs - 5:58pm on 12/06/16
- I always need a lie-down after reading one of Richard's post. [NT] - MarilynFL - 8:18pm on 12/06/16
- I have a system... - Richard in Cincy - 4:40am on 12/08/16
- I started this past weekend and made a batch of shortbread. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 3:40am on 12/07/16