Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Banana Chocolate Chip
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #3205 at 9:38 pm on Aug 30, 2006
Our oldest child, Doug, gave us a Cuisinart ice cream maker for our anniversary earlier this month. So far, this is my DH's favorite ice cream. Needs to get "firmer" in the freezer for a couple hr. or so...
Banana Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Makes 1 1/2 qt.
1 can Carnation evaporated milk
2-4 drops Lorann Bavarian Creme oil
2/3 c. granulated sugar
1 tsp. Penzey's Saigon cinnamon
3 very ripe bananas (that were frozen)
generous half cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
Pour the evaporated milk into a 3 or 4 c. measuring cup. Pour in enough heavy cream to make 3 c. total.
Mash the bananas well, add to heavy cream with the sugar, oil and cinnamon. Whisk or use mixer to get smoother ice cream. Pour into Cuisinart while it is running. Let it go about 15 minutes or so, until it is getting thick. Add chocolate chips and blend a couple more minutes. Turn off machine, remove ice cream and place in a container with a tight lid and freeze.
Thinking of trying this with the caramel-milk chocolate chips one of these times...
Serves 4 amply, or 1 sneaky husband...
CYH - consider yourself hugged
Other messages in this thread:
- 3205. Hanging on to summer! ISO your absolute favorite ice cream recipe! [NT] - Debbie_in_GA - 11:48am on 08/23/06 (21)
- Sadly, no recipe but favorite is Baskin Robbins Jamocha Almond Fudge. [NT] - Marsha tbay - 2:49pm on 08/23/06
- That's my sisters favourite! Brings back so many wonderful memories. [NT] - deb-in-MI - 5:14pm on 08/23/06
- Haven't had Baskin Robbins for years, but that used to be my favorite flavor also! [NT] - Meryl - 7:47pm on 08/23/06
- the lemon gelato recipe I posted above is one of my favs :-) [NT] [LINK] - Randi - 4:58pm on 08/23/06
- Alice Medrich's Bittersweet Chocolate Ice Cream - will post if interested. [NT] - Meryl - 7:05pm on 08/23/06
- Here is the link Meryl. It's so good. [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 8:12pm on 08/23/06
- Ank, I didn't know you had tried this. It's addictive isn't it?!! I made it last week with - Meryl - 8:26pm on 08/23/06
- Forgive the typo, I meant Ang! [NT] - Meryl - 8:28pm on 08/23/06
- It reminds me of that BR deep dark chocolate ice cream that someone mentioned up above. [NT] - AngAk - 8:47pm on 08/23/06
- I've made it too, Meryl. Kept going into the freezer for just a spoonful... - CynUpstateNY - 10:49pm on 08/23/06
- Thank you ALL. I will probably try the chocolate first and have a question for Randi and AngAk... - Debbie_in_GA - 2:33am on 08/24/06
- The Baskin Robbins flavor of Mandarin Chocolate that Melissa mentioned above. decadent [LINK] - AngAk - 4:25pm on 08/24/06
- 3 recipes in my to try file: - AngAk - 4:52pm on 08/24/06
- I posted my favourite ice cream recipe at Gails>> - EvaN - 9:02am on 08/25/06
- I have the Ben & Jerry's ice cream book if anyone wants the recipe for their favorite flavor [NT] - Mimi - 12:43pm on 08/25/06
- Not Ice Cream but REC: Pineapple Sorbet - Michael in Tampa - 2:25am on 08/29/06
- REC: Banana Chocolate Chip - OrigCyn - 9:38pm on 08/30/06