Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Lisa - LA||
Off-topic but related to the Garlic Capital area - we spent the night in Gilroy while looking
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #29346 at 4:01 am on Jan 10, 2017
at colleges this summer - boy is that such a permeating smell!
I am a huge garlic lover, but I was on sensory overload there, so much so that I lost all my enthusiasm for trying most of the specialty garlic foods available locally. My niece convinced me to split some garlic fries with her, but everything else went out the window.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29346. I'm 30 miles from the "Garlic capital of the world" and garlic from China is cheaper. - MariaDNoCA - 7:32pm on 01/09/17 (13)
- Yes, but do your locally grown garlic bulbs glow in the dark? I think not. [NT] - MarilynFL - 8:06pm on 01/09/17
- And the local garlic will be fresher. Have you tried growing garlic? Very easy. . . - mistral - 8:37pm on 01/09/17
- I should grow it. Clearly I'm in the right climate! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 4:21am on 01/10/17
- I'm doing seriously less tomatoes than my insanity of last year. 2 days ago I saw a ripe tomato! - MariaDNoCA - 4:26am on 01/10/17
- Personally, I would not buy any food from China if I knew it came from there. Given what happened - KarenNoCA - 12:27am on 01/10/17
- Wealso have a Havanese. Love our Teddy Bear! [NT] - barb_b - 5:04pm on 01/10/17
- They are so much fun and the best of the best! [NT] - KarenNoCA - 8:05pm on 01/11/17
- I buy Christopher Ranch garlic and grew it twice. So easy. Just take the cloves and plop them - KarenNoCA - 12:33am on 01/10/17
- That's one of the ranches nearby. I do try to only buy local, but sometimes going to 3 stores just - MariaDNoCA - 4:06am on 01/10/17
- I agree, Maria! The costs don't make sense. [NT] - LisainLA - 3:57pm on 01/10/17
- Off-topic but related to the Garlic Capital area - we spent the night in Gilroy while looking - LisainLA - 4:01am on 01/10/17
- It doesn't smell like that all year long. Mostly when they're bottling up the crop. - MariaDNoCA - 4:14am on 01/10/17
- That is very interesting about the smell, and good to know. We were there in August, so - LisainLA - 3:59pm on 01/10/17