Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Some great suggestions here
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29374 at 6:49 pm on Jan 19, 2017
too bad you don't like the rose flavor. I adore it, but understand since the other half cannot abide it and thinks of it as "perfume."
I like mistral's idea of trying a very tiny amount.
Another suggestion is to take a cue from the wonderful Alkermes liqueur which presents the rose and orange flower flavorings combined with a complex palate of tastes: citrus, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, star anise, vanilla, cardamom. Any combination of these ingredients would be faithful to the flavors of Turkish and Arabic cuisine.
A simpler flavor could be lemon/orange zest, cinnamon, and vanilla. They work extremely well together and a drop of rosewater in there might just be a mysterious background flavor that ties it all together without overpowering your objection to full strength rosewater.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29374. Need help with flavoring essence for Middle Eastern sweets. [LINK] - MarilynFL - 3:00pm on 01/19/17 (13)
- From what I know about ME sweets - the main 3 flavors are rose water, orange blossom, and nuts. - LisainLA - 3:16pm on 01/19/17
- how about cardamom. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 3:17pm on 01/19/17
- Cardamon looks like a good choice. Cinnamon or cloves? - Charley - 3:43pm on 01/19/17
- I ♥love♥ cardamon (just say'n!) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 4:39pm on 01/19/17
- Um....those were supposed to be 'hearts' on either side of the word 'love' [NT] - deb-in-MI - 4:39pm on 01/19/17
- A tiny bit of orange zest in the dough [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 4:40pm on 01/19/17
- Have you tried using an eye dropper for the rose and orange blossom water? (more) - mistral - 6:04pm on 01/19/17
- Some great suggestions here - Richard in Cincy - 6:49pm on 01/19/17
- Excellent suggestions! Thanks all! - MarilynFL - 8:29pm on 01/19/17
- What about this? (Skip the rose petals) [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 6:29am on 01/20/17
- Oh, that's a nice combo. I have all the ingredients as well as mahleb (mahlab?) which - MarilynFL - 2:19pm on 01/20/17
- I'd like those stuffed with this anise-flavored fig jam [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 7:04am on 01/20/17
- Wow Traca, this in those cookies would be most excellent! (nt) [NT] - mistral - 5:28pm on 01/20/17