Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Phoenix||
I think that's why we baked bread so much, especially when the boys were growing up.
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #29409 at 3:33 pm on Feb 7, 2017
They *loved* watching it come out of the oven, and there's something so absolutely primal about the aroma of bread baking on a winter's day.
Or any day, for that matter.
Beautiful loaf, Cathy!
Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 29409. Just out of the oven Gotta share the beauty of good old-fashioned French Bread [LINK] - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:22pm on 02/05/17 (22)
- That's a beee-u-tiful loaf of bread, Cathy. YUM! [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 4:36pm on 02/05/17
- I want a piece of that right now with your fabulous caponata on it. ;-) [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 4:49pm on 02/05/17
- Great idea Pat! What a perfect combo. Cathy--did you use a no-knead or traditional method? [NT] - MoNJ - 5:03pm on 02/05/17
- I am old-fashioned. I knead. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:14pm on 02/05/17
- There's a lot to be said for that! The "proof" is in the picture. :) Thanks! [NT] - MoNJ - 5:31pm on 02/05/17
- Kneading bread is the original therapy. [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 3:21am on 02/06/17
- Absolutely loves Cathy. Now I'm crazing bread and butter! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 5:30pm on 02/05/17
- Absolutely "lovely" Cathy. But we absolutely loves Cathy too! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 5:31pm on 02/05/17
- lol [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:38pm on 02/05/17
- Who's Absolutely? [NT] - Joe - 8:07pm on 02/05/17
- LOL. I think I want what she's drinkin'. ;-) [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 2:59am on 02/06/17
- Wan't even drunk when I wrote it.....LOL crazing/craving....oh my -! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 11:22am on 02/06/17
- Please, please write something when you ARE drunk. [NT] - MarilynFL - 5:55pm on 02/06/17
- I think this is a good excuse to start drinking at 1:00 p.m.... ('wan't'???) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 6:13pm on 02/06/17
- Stunning as usual! [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 6:02pm on 02/05/17
- I love how you described "the anticipation of pulling a beautiful loaf!" [NT] - barb_b - 7:03pm on 02/05/17
- One of life's great pleasures! [NT] - Joe - 8:07pm on 02/05/17
- Just beautiful- what recipe did you use? [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 9:35pm on 02/05/17
- 1976 Abby Mandel recipe - CathyZ from Kauai - 10:59pm on 02/05/17
- I think that's why we baked bread so much, especially when the boys were growing up. - Michael in Phoenix - 3:33pm on 02/07/17