Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
We are north of Oroville Dam In Redding CA. However, Shasta Dam which is North of us
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #29432 at 3:12 pm on Feb 13, 2017
and controls Lake Shasta and all the billions of gallon of moutain runoff and snow melt, is way too full for this time of year and they dumping like crazy which is not going to help the valley further south. Shasta is a concrete dam. 12 years ago, three environmental agencies warned the FERC about Oroville Dam and the dangers if we got a huge amount of rain, and they were dismissed. So sad.
The fact that Sacramento is below sea level and their old levee system is another huge worry, which they were warned about about, as well. So scary. Another big storm coming in later this week.
~*Many things will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those*~
Other messages in this thread:
- 29432. Karen No/CA hope you're OK and didn't have to be evacuated! I think your north of the damn aren't u? [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 4:04am on 02/13/17 (9)
- My son is Air National Guard near Sacramento. They've been called in to evacuate Oroville - Anna_X - 4:25am on 02/13/17
- My friend's son in Marysville is under mandatory evacuation. I think Karen is above it all - MariaDNoCA - 5:00am on 02/13/17
- Thanks for your info. Awfully scary for those living downstream. [NT] - Anna_X - 5:07am on 02/13/17
- We are north of Oroville Dam In Redding CA. However, Shasta Dam which is North of us - KarenNoCA - 3:12pm on 02/13/17
- It is so hard to see 188,000 people evacuating like we saw on TV last night - KarenNoCA - 5:22pm on 02/13/17
- The word *evacuate* is never the same once it's real to you. [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:22pm on 02/13/17
- I pray we never have to experience that at the magnitude those folks did last night [NT] - KarenNoCA - 7:07pm on 02/13/17
- So glad everyone is ok! [NT] - MoNJ - 3:31pm on 02/14/17
- This whole situation is quite alarming. As a So CA resident, we get about 1/3 of our - LisainLA - 1:51am on 02/15/17