Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Oooohhh, you get in to Whole Foods with only a $37 cover charge??? Do tell!!!
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #29442 at 2:45 am on Feb 18, 2017
Yes, GO has lots of cool stuff at nice bargain prices (fresh produce, deli meats and cheeses, butter and dairy items, canned tomatoes and nuts, artisan coffee, and so much more). We often find great wines there marked down big-time. I've heard there's a contingent of folks who frequent the GOs (the one near me included) that go there with wine key in the car, purchase a few bottles to sample, take them to the car and "taste test" right there in the parking lot then return immediately to purchase more of what they like (one never knows how long a particular desired wine will be available -- they sell out quickly). The "wine guy" at this GO says it's quite the riot to witness and he's often there to guide them in their selections.
Already sampled the porcini salame (interesting spelling which I will have to research why it varies from "salami") and we like it a lot.
Thanks again, Paul for the recommendation. Please share other items you like as well.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29442. porcini salami - pmassell_93 - 6:54pm on 02/17/17 (19)
- Mm Love salami's. Will keep an eye out for it. Tx for the tip [NT] - barb_b - 8:36pm on 02/17/17
- I am all about anything porcini! - judy-mass - 10:05pm on 02/17/17
- Score! Nice flavor and nice price.... [IMAGE] - Pat-NoCal - 10:32pm on 02/17/17
- p.s. The only problem with going into that store for one thing is that I never come OUT with just - Pat-NoCal - 1:34am on 02/18/17
- great that you found it let me know if you enjoy it as much as I do - pmassell_93 - 2:37am on 02/18/17
- Oooohhh, you get in to Whole Foods with only a $37 cover charge??? Do tell!!! - Pat-NoCal - 2:45am on 02/18/17
- another p.s. Paul, is there any problem for our site (or for YOU) with our embedding photos within a [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 2:55am on 02/18/17
- if it works it works! [NT] - pmassell_93 - 3:37am on 02/18/17
- definitely some great wine deals they advertise wine days here but there are always good deals - pmassell_93 - 3:39am on 02/18/17
- as for other items - pmassell_93 - 3:12pm on 02/18/17
- Thanks for the tips... - Pat-NoCal - 5:57pm on 02/18/17
- I don't remember the ramen brand it was a while back and haven't seen it [NT] - pmassell_93 - 6:27pm on 02/18/17
- Grocery Outlet has good deals, but they are known to treat food brokers very poorly. I stopped... - Michael in Phoenix - 4:09pm on 02/18/17
- I don't want to know how the sausage is made Michael [NT] - pmassell_93 - 4:14pm on 02/18/17
- Yeah, I get it. I'm still smartin' from dealing with them. - Michael in Phoenix - 3:57pm on 02/19/17
- Perhaps they've changed their ways. Have heard good - Pat-NoCal - 4:36pm on 02/18/17
- I hope so. Their owners were known as "The Two Pit Bulls" a few years ago. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 3:59pm on 02/19/17
- Maybe they're different now. They certainly carry different items now organic produce for example. - MariaDNoCA - 4:25am on 02/19/17
- Yes, maybe. I still have a tic.... [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 4:00pm on 02/19/17