Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|CathyZ from Kauai||
Chiming in now that I have regained consciousness......
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #29474 at 5:40 pm on Mar 11, 2017
Oh my goodness. Glorious hedonism. It was such FUN! Rest of the world, begone for a week! Cooking, laughing, plotting the next dish, drinking yet one more glass of wine or champagne, digging through the cookbooks, cooking, cooking, cooking, baking, trying to regain counter space from underneath the mountains of dishes. Resetting, starting over in the morning. It nearly killed me but I would do it again in a heartbeat. I spent the last week "drying out" from wine and food. My DH didn't even eat anything substantial until last evening (6 days). It was like living in Henry VIII's time only with forks.
Doubt it? Almost 7 lbs butter, 60 eggs, a lb of lard, almost 5 lbs flour, same of sugar, a lb of brown sugar, a 9+ lb slab of beef just for the sauerbraten....need I go on?
Richard and I "met" on Gail's Swap in 1994. The only thing better than having Richard here is having both Richard and Tim here. Both have become close, dear friends. "Over the top" is how I always say they approach cooking and baking. Deliciously and lovingly over the top. I am only sad that Ohio is so far from Hawaii.
As Richard wrote to me: "And now we diet".
Other messages in this thread:
- All I can say is *WoW*... - Pat-NoCal - 4:11pm on 03/10/17
- Pat, yes that is Hamura - Richard in Cincy - 6:08pm on 03/10/17
- Beautiful photos! Everything looks wonderful, thanks for posting! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 10:19pm on 03/10/17
- I absolutely adore... - Richard in Cincy - 11:23pm on 03/10/17
- One last comment... - Richard in Cincy - 11:32pm on 03/10/17
- Thank You! for sharing such an amazing event. For event it was! Honestly, I would - MarilynFL - 4:32pm on 03/11/17
- The cake and the stretching of the strudel dough - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:53pm on 03/11/17
- Sigh...was just looking at these photos again.... Now I'm thinking, when are we doing this again? [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 2:28am on 09/11/17
- Beautiful tribute to your friend Richard....thanks for sharing your wonderful trip, it put a smile - KarenNoCA - 3:23pm on 03/11/17
- Chiming in now that I have regained consciousness...... - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:40pm on 03/11/17
- "It was like living in Henry VIII's time only with forks."... and... - Richard in Cincy - 10:19pm on 03/12/17
- A t-shirt with this on it, stat. :) [NT] - ErininNY - 2:45am on 03/13/17
- What a wonderful, memorable trip! Thx for sharing. Your comment on why-oh-why...going back to - barb_b - 4:42pm on 03/17/17
- It was rough leaving this time, that's for sure! [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 8:22pm on 03/28/17
- I am speechless with admiration. You and Cathy are inspiring! [NT] - Lana in FL - 5:37pm on 03/11/17
- WOW!!! I need to go take a nap just reading this! What vitamins do you take??! [NT] - cheezz - 12:19am on 03/15/17
- WOW! Great photos! I love the gecko visitor! I may need some recipes! - MoNJ - 5:10pm on 03/17/17