Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Phoenix||
Yes, I will take ownership of anything I post here. Richard and I have always been friends...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #29477 at 7:04 pm on Mar 21, 2017
...and that is what I truly prefer. I have always treated him that way, going back a couple of decades. He and I share a dislike of bullies, and we are both German. We cook. We entertain. We love our families. I've always treated him with respect, kindness and deference. He has returned that in kind.
We do not share similar political views. That does not matter to me, since I don't judge people (as a general rule, judging is simply not my gig) by politics. I have friends of every political persuasion, and we get along fabulously.
That being said, I simply hold the opinion that this forum should be a politics-free zone. There are plenty of other places on the internet machine for anyone who wants to post political jabs. This is, in my opinion, not appropriate on this forum, and I'm not shy about voicing that opinion.
Richard, for whatever reason, moved an "on topic" post into the political realm. If that is what the posters here want, then so be it. We could take a vote and see if the majority of posters want this to become a politically charged forum, or, better yet, it simply is Paul's call.
I can handle it either way! But I prefer this forum remain about food, cooking and friendly, non-political interaction.
Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 29477. Raw cheese recall with deaths involved. Please check. [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 6:39pm on 03/11/17 (23)
- There are way to many food recalls. What ever happened to quality control, and keeping a clean - KarenNoCA - 11:49pm on 03/11/17
- Corporations will cut corners to increase profits... - Richard in Cincy - 1:22am on 03/12/17
- So, people dying means nothing to them? Do any of these people even eat the food they put out there - KarenNoCA - 3:26pm on 03/12/17
- I'm afraid there are to many who don't know and sadly it will get - orchid - 6:34pm on 03/12/17
- People are stupid too--just one person not washing their hands correctly, or not at all. . . (nt) [NT] - mistral - 6:40pm on 03/12/17
- Vulto guy started out, making cheese in his Brooklyn apartment. Hipster hubris! [NT] - ErininNY - 2:48am on 03/13/17
- Your point is well taken, but I'm hoping this remains a politics-free zone. - Michael in Phoenix - 3:24pm on 03/13/17
- Just the news.-- New York Times [NT] [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 4:30am on 03/16/17
- FDA cuts. New York Times [NT] [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 4:33am on 03/16/17
- The previous adminstration did not try to cut the FDA. Food Safety News. [NT] [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 4:35am on 03/16/17
- Scary stuff... [NT] [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 4:36am on 03/16/17
- [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 5:09am on 03/16/17
- [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 5:10am on 03/16/17
- Anti Science. - Washington Post [NT] [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 5:17am on 03/16/17
- Unfortunately, it is the reality we have at the moment [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 5:20am on 03/16/17
- Thanks for nothing, Richard. Sorry you feel you have to do this. Here. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 3:22pm on 03/16/17
- Your welcome. It is on topic because it is about food safety and concerns all of us. [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 8:31pm on 03/16/17
- Wow. Very disappointing. And it is "you're", not "your", Mr. Innocent-As-The-Driven-Snow. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 8:58pm on 03/16/17
- Why is this disappointing? The approach may have been beyond necessary, but it's an important topic. [NT] - Traca - 4:52am on 03/19/17
- Really, Michael? Name-calling? [NT] - ErininNY - 6:33pm on 03/19/17
- Yes, I will take ownership of anything I post here. Richard and I have always been friends... - Michael in Phoenix - 7:04pm on 03/21/17
- There's an interesting line in that article which says that in Europe where they make - Charley - 8:08pm on 03/13/17
- Listeria is very easy to pick up and they're especially vulnerable because they use raw milk. I - Traca - 4:57am on 03/19/17