Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Phoenix||
Thanks once again to Dawn/MO for the Spicy Chicken Salad (award winning) recipe. Took a double...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #29501 at 3:01 pm on Mar 22, 2017
...batch to our fellowship meeting on Monday night. I used 8 cups of chicken meat from two Costco rotisserie chickens and served it with trimmed romaine lettuce leaves. I filled some of the romaine with salad and spread them on a platter with a nice hand-made ceramic bowl of salad in the middle. I scattered a few bright red cherry tomatoes around for garnish.
The group took care of business. None left, and several requests for the recipe.
Love this recipe, Dawn! Thank you again.
Spicy Chicken Salad
Recipe By :Dawn
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Chicken Contests
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 cup good quality mayonnaise
4 cups cooked cut-up chicken breast
1/4 cup celery -- chopped fine
1/4 cup red onion -- chopped finely
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves -- chopped
1/4 cup nacho sliced jalapenos, chopped -- or to taste
salt and black pepper -- to taste
In a medium mixing bowl, mix all ingredients together except the chicken. Gently fold the chicken into the mayonnaise mixture until well combined. Transfer to your serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate, to allow flavors to meld.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 29501. Thanks once again to Dawn/MO for the Spicy Chicken Salad (award winning) recipe. Took a double... [LINK] - Michael in Phoenix - 3:01pm on 03/22/17 (17)
- If Dawn doesn't pop in, the original recipe uses a #10 can of tuna instead. Fabulous. [NT] - MarilynFL - 3:45pm on 03/22/17
- I've never seen her version with tuna. Is it posted here? [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 3:56pm on 03/22/17
- I'll check. It's almost the same thing...the #10 tuna is very solid from - MarilynFL - 5:48pm on 03/22/17
- Groundhog Day Round 2 [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 5:56pm on 03/22/17
- It's hard to believe 2005 was 12 years ago. Thanks Marilyn! [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 7:17pm on 03/22/17
- This sounds great. Not familiar with the term, nacho jalapenos? Are they jared? - KarenNoCA - 7:19pm on 03/22/17
- They are jarred or canned, and are simply pickled jalapenos that are sliced into rings. - Michael in Phoenix - 7:46pm on 03/22/17
- OK yes, I have seen those. Thanks [NT] - KarenNoCA - 5:41pm on 03/24/17
- Wanna make your own? John eats pickled jalapenos alllllll the [LINK] - orchid - 9:30pm on 03/24/17
- Where is Dawn??? - Richard in Cincy - 2:27am on 03/23/17
- From Facebook posts I have seen not too long ago... - judy-mass - 10:42pm on 03/23/17
- Thanks Judy. There are just so many people everwhere these days... - Richard in Cincy - 12:19am on 03/24/17
- Hi All! Everything is fine here, I just haven't been in the cooking mood lately. - Dawn_MO - 4:58pm on 03/25/17
- Congrats to our newest grandbabies. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:22pm on 03/27/17
- So glad to hear from you, Dawn! Congratulations - colleenmomof2 - 4:08pm on 03/27/17
- Hi Dawn! Hope you see this... When our youngest applied to his college choices, two thirds of... - Michael in Phoenix - 3:51pm on 03/31/17
- Congrats! I know how hard these kids try. - Dawn_MO - 1:48pm on 04/10/17