Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Hi All! Everything is fine here, I just haven't been in the cooking mood lately.
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #29501 at 4:58 pm on Mar 25, 2017
I am still struggling with stomach issues from the blood thinner I was on. It is getting better though. I just mostly crave Honeycrisp apples and other fruit.
I do have a new little great granddaughter, Salem. I forgot how little they are when newborn.
I am also trying to ready myself for my youngest son to go off to college. It will be a true empty nest and I am not particularly happy about it. I am not sure yet, but I think my son will be going to UNY Rochester. I keep telling him the West Coast has good schools and it is so much warmer there!!!
Now if only my granddaughter would stop putting those big huge bows in my little peanut's hair, I would be so happy. I will try to stop by more often, especially when I have a new recipe. Have a great weekend!
Sometimes you just need to look reality in the eye, and deny it. �Garrison Keillor
Other messages in this thread:
- 29501. Thanks once again to Dawn/MO for the Spicy Chicken Salad (award winning) recipe. Took a double... [LINK] - Michael in Phoenix - 3:01pm on 03/22/17 (17)
- If Dawn doesn't pop in, the original recipe uses a #10 can of tuna instead. Fabulous. [NT] - MarilynFL - 3:45pm on 03/22/17
- I've never seen her version with tuna. Is it posted here? [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 3:56pm on 03/22/17
- I'll check. It's almost the same thing...the #10 tuna is very solid from - MarilynFL - 5:48pm on 03/22/17
- Groundhog Day Round 2 [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 5:56pm on 03/22/17
- It's hard to believe 2005 was 12 years ago. Thanks Marilyn! [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 7:17pm on 03/22/17
- This sounds great. Not familiar with the term, nacho jalapenos? Are they jared? - KarenNoCA - 7:19pm on 03/22/17
- They are jarred or canned, and are simply pickled jalapenos that are sliced into rings. - Michael in Phoenix - 7:46pm on 03/22/17
- OK yes, I have seen those. Thanks [NT] - KarenNoCA - 5:41pm on 03/24/17
- Wanna make your own? John eats pickled jalapenos alllllll the [LINK] - orchid - 9:30pm on 03/24/17
- Where is Dawn??? - Richard in Cincy - 2:27am on 03/23/17
- From Facebook posts I have seen not too long ago... - judy-mass - 10:42pm on 03/23/17
- Thanks Judy. There are just so many people everwhere these days... - Richard in Cincy - 12:19am on 03/24/17
- Hi All! Everything is fine here, I just haven't been in the cooking mood lately. - Dawn_MO - 4:58pm on 03/25/17
- Congrats to our newest grandbabies. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:22pm on 03/27/17
- So glad to hear from you, Dawn! Congratulations - colleenmomof2 - 4:08pm on 03/27/17
- Hi Dawn! Hope you see this... When our youngest applied to his college choices, two thirds of... - Michael in Phoenix - 3:51pm on 03/31/17
- Congrats! I know how hard these kids try. - Dawn_MO - 1:48pm on 04/10/17