Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Blueberry Wine Sauce
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #29822 at 8:40 pm on Aug 27, 2017
* Exported from MasterCook *
Blueberry Wine Sauce
Recipe By :Bonni Brown/Epi
Serving Size : 6
Categories : Fruit Sauces
Tried & True
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
1 Cup Dry White Wine
1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
1 1/2 Cups Blueberries, Fresh Or Frozen
In a small saucepan, stir together the sugar and cornstarch; stir in wine and lemon juice. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until mixture thickens, clears and comes to a boil.
Stir in blueberries and simmer, stirring, for 1 minute, or until at least half of the berries burst. Let cool, and refrigerate.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 97 Calories; trace Fat (0.0% calories from fat); trace Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 2mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrates.
Suggested Wine: Fetzer Sundial Chardonnay
Serving Ideas : Use over pound cake, ice cream, or peach pie/clafoutis!
NOTES : If the berries don't show sign of wanting to burst, help them with a potato masher, or by smashing them against the sides of the pan with a spoon.
Every good dish deserves a good pot.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29822. While I'm at it can we start a blueberry thread? What's your favorite blueberry recipes? [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 8:10pm on 08/26/17 (29)
- I'll tell you that blueberry jam is a REAL treat. [NT] - Charley - 12:16am on 08/27/17
- I like to add lightly cooked blueberries to blueberry jam - colleenmomof2 - 1:11pm on 08/27/17
- From the box, rinsed and in the mouth :-) - colleenmomof2 - 1:09pm on 08/27/17
- charlie's Blueberry cheesecake, with blueberry jam on top! [LINK] - Lana in FL - 3:32pm on 08/27/17
- And My oh My! Blueberry Pie from Sandy in Baltimore [LINK] - Lana in FL - 3:34pm on 08/27/17
- Yep, Definitely agree with this one. [NT] - MarilynFL - 10:34pm on 08/28/17
- REC: Blueberry Buckle - judy-mass - 8:38pm on 08/27/17
- REC: Blueberry Wine Sauce - judy-mass - 8:40pm on 08/27/17
- REC: Blueberry Carrot Picnic Cake - judy-mass - 8:42pm on 08/27/17
- My family's all time favorite muffin recipe... Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins - judy-mass - 8:44pm on 08/27/17
- My mom's Blueberry Crunch Cake (from Elaine Wiggins)--see link [NT] [LINK] - wigs - 5:54pm on 08/28/17
- Blueberry Pecan Sour Cream Coffee Cake posted by Sandi In Hawaii - wigs - 6:20pm on 08/28/17
- trying to get the recipe from daughter [IMAGE] - pmassell_93 - 2:42am on 08/29/17
- Oh, that must have been a very tasty cake for a non-cake lover to have enjoyed. I look forward to - wigs - 2:35pm on 08/29/17
- Adorable. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:55am on 08/30/17
- my smile for the day:) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:14am on 08/31/17
- neither of us could find the recipe but I'm pretty sure it had sour cream... [LINK] [IMAGE] - pmassell_93 - 8:30pm on 08/31/17
- Your daughter has good taste. I've made the raspberry version from Epi. Very [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 12:29am on 09/01/17
- good find looks like it was adapted from there [NT] - pmassell_93 - 2:36pm on 09/01/17
- Fresh Blueberry and Lemon Cream Tart - wigs - 6:27pm on 08/28/17
- REC: CI's BEST BLUEBERRY PIE WITH FOOLPROOF PIE DOUGH as posted by deb-in-MI - wigs - 6:40pm on 08/28/17
- Rec: Blueberry Kuchen - rhoward2va - 8:23pm on 08/28/17
- Maine Blueberry Syrup - rhoward2va - 8:24pm on 08/28/17
- Mini Blueberry Crumb Tarts - rhoward2va - 8:26pm on 08/28/17
- Blueberry French Toast Cobbler, - rhoward2va - 8:29pm on 08/28/17
- Blueberry Dutch Baby - rhoward2va - 8:31pm on 08/28/17
- Steve2/LA's Blueberry Lemon Bread....delicious [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 12:45am on 09/01/17
- Rec: Blueberry-Lemon Tart - Pat-NoCal - 1:02am on 09/01/17
- Recipe: Blueberry Crunch Coffee Cake [NT] [LINK] - Olga_D_Ont - 9:43pm on 10/16/17